triatlon mode — TomTom Community

triatlon mode

Triturbo triatlonTriturbo triatlon Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
good night everybody!
I´ve just bought the Multi sport cardio and i´m very happy with it but it is necessary TOMTOM develop a Triathlon mode, freestyle is great mode but is poor.
At least something similar that changes the activity by himself.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,345
    Superusers
    They will not be developing a triathlon mode. There is no triathlon mode because they are not marketing or advertising it as a triathlon watch. TomTom specifically chose not to go after triathlons with this watch in the interest of attracting a wider audience who cross trains in multiple sports (the fact that the three sports happen to be in the triathlon is coincidence, not intent, they are the three most common non-team fitness activities). The TomTom lineup was never intended to be a triathlon watch and in over 5 years they have been out no triathlon features have been added so it does not appear they are going to change this. It was intended to be a MultiSport to allow users to train for the individual activities. It does not have open water swim, so it really would not work well anyway. The new versions are also not targeted at triathletes and do not have any triathlon mode, which pretty clearly indicates TomTom's perspective. If they have not included it on the existing watches in the last three years and have not included it on their newest models coming out, they pretty clearly are not looking to support triathlons. If you want a watch that does full triathlons with transitions, etc. you will need to purchase one of the higher priced models from another company designed and advertised for that purpose.

Considering TT has left the wearables market and is not producing any new devices (and never even released the Adventurer in the US), we can safely assume at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes (and even that may be limited - it has been over six months since the last update broke connectivity for many users and introduced battery drain issues and that is still unresolved). I would not expect much more development and certainly not something major particularly on the watch side (they may continue to tweak the MySports site and app, but not the watches themselves).

I would take care with your buying decision considering what you get in the box will likely be all there is. There are also major connectivity and battery drain issues that have not been resolved in over six months. If you are within your return period you may want to consider other options (and I am surprised you bought a MultiSport as it was discontinued several years ago - are you sure it is not a Spark model?).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.