Connecting TomTom GO 60S to Andoid MyDrive - impossible — TomTom Community

Connecting TomTom GO 60S to Andoid MyDrive - impossible

RomarMroRomarMro Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
I've got today a GO 60S from NewEgg - happy first 30min, extremely disappointed 2h later. I simply try to connect it to the MyDrive app - tried multiple Android devices from Android 4.2 t 6.0 - to no avail. The TomTom device scans for a couple of minutes and "no phone found". Same Android devices appear just fine when scanning for BlueTooth devices on a tablet.

A BlueTooth analyzer shows nothing from TomTom - probably is just scanning - unless for some reason its bluetooth receiver is broken.

The TomTom runs a slightly older navcore version 15 - I was told to update -but I've spent all day with MyDrive at 3% and 48h remaining while "Our servers are very busy, please retry" pops up every few minutes (Shame!!!) AND THERE IS NO AUTOMATIC RETRY - should I spend 48h just pressing "retry" every few minutes?

Extremely disappointed - please if anyone knows of a possible cause and solution for the GO 60S not discovering the MyDrive app on any Android device? Might the bluetooth be defective? Any way to test?

Comments

• peterwebpeterweb Posts: 12 [Legendary Explorer]
    I am seeing the same error message about the servers are very busy, but I see this in My Drive Connect software on my Windows 10 laptop.

I have been seeing this for over a month. I try connecting at different times of day to try to avoid any 'rush hours'. No change.

I have reinstalled the app on the laptop with no change.

5c77dbcf-0da9-48e1-8056-f0bacacb9cbf.jpg

I am signed into my TomTom Account, as I see my email at the top right of the app's window. I tried signing out and back in, but no change.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,344
    Superusers
    Support to help:

877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST