MyDrive Connect will not recognise Go 60 — TomTom Community

MyDrive Connect will not recognise Go 60

NigelMNigelM Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
edited January 14 in MyDrive Connect
I dug out one of the old TomTom's that the kids had before they moved out and tried to get it up and running again. It's a Go 60 and when charged seemed to work fine. Connects to my phone alright and navigates accurately.

I wanted to update the maps and speed cameras as it was bout with lifetime maps, so installed MyDrive Connect on the Mac which runs OSX. Plugged the Go60 in when the program requested me to do so and waited. After a few minutes the wheel stops spinning and no device has been registered.

I have checked the connection status in Networks and the light is yellow showing it is correctly installed. My Drive obviously sees the device as it starts it registration process when the device is plugged in.

Having trawled the internet for answers I think I have tried everything suggested but still can't resolve the issue. I was hoping someone here could help.

Comments

• NigelMNigelM Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Thanks for coming back, but I have tried all those with no luck. The weird thing is that the computer is seeing the TT and is on Network Connections with a yellow light. When I plug the TT into the computer when requested by MyDrive Connect the program sees it and reacts, the spinning wheel showing on the screen. However that wheel keeps spinning for 3 or 4 minutes and then reverts to the connect a device screen, no sign of my Go60.

It's all a bit odd.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,206 Superusers
    And you are using the cable that came with the device? Also, if possible, use a usb 2 port on your computer, not usb 3.
    Yes it is the cable that came with the device and I have tried both USB slots on the computer.
    Those are the same 3 links you send yesterday. I have followed all 3 with no resolution to the problem.
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,365 Superuser
    Hi @NigelM

Your situation is difficult to understand. @dhn is the only one to have tried to help you.

I do not really see how to help you if you have done all the checks and operations requested in the FAQs. I assume that you have uninstalled MDC to do a clean installation, restarted your computer and entered your password for your MAC.

Your GO60 was used in the past by your kids. So the device was linked to a TomTom account. The email and password for this account are normally entered in your GO60 in ==> the Main Menu / TomTom Services / MyDrive
    http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/new_GO/html/en-gb/index.htm#LoggingintoMyDrive-CONNECTED.htm

When you try to connect the device to MDC on your MAC, you use the same TomTom account with the same email and the same password?

I have no other ideas, sorry.
    After try the support Monday.

Regards.
    Thank you Laurie. I have tried the kids but they can't remember their login details so I am trying to add the device to a new MDC account in my name.

I think I'm going to have to phone support on Monday.
  • gomarigomari Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Nigel,
    You've probably either sorted this problem or given up, but just in case this is helpful for anyone I'll share my experience.
    This sat nav has driven me crazy ever since we bought it. Updates take forever & some woman keeps butting in & says ''I'm listening'' which creeps me out! Turning off voice control doesn't help, she turns herself back on.

Anyway, I thought I'd try updating as it's been awhile & after watching the spinning wheel for ages I eventually discovered MDC needed to be updated first - this took 1.5hrs.
    Next the Go60 has to receive the updated info from MDC - this took 1hr.
    I also had to open a new account as I'd changed my email & PW.

It's all updated now but I'm disappointed to find maps have expired & want me to renew subs, same with speed cameras, voices I had have also discontinued, POI are no longer available - this is only apparent at first glance, Lord knows what else has changed, so much for Lifetime Maps!
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,564 Superuser
    @gomari

Call Customer Services on Monday to check the status of you subscriptions, particularly as you have change your account details.

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
    Help others identify useful content :-
    If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍
    If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • gomarigomari Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Niall,
    That is a possibility worth checking out particularly as all was as it should be before I updated it.