TomTom Runner 3 connecting with phone app

tmiranda
tmiranda Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi, I've a TomTom Runner 3 and since the first day that I'm having troubles in syncing it with the app. My phone is a Huawei P8 Lite. The Runner 3 software version is the latest (1.7.64), but it continues not working properly.

I've uninstalled and installer the app several times, and turned on an off the bluetooth. When I install the app I sync the Runner 3. During the day I have the bluetooth turned off and at the end of the day, when I try to Sync again (bluetooth on), it doesn't connect with the watch. I try turn on and off the bluetooth but it doesn't solve the problem. Most of the times I've to uninstall the app and install it again. I've contacted the support and the answer was uninstall, reset and install again. It works one time, and than it looses the connectivity.

It seems that theres the need of another software update. Any one else with the same problem?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,936
    Superuser
    If you search the forums you will see there is a known issue with the Huawei phones:

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/tomtom-runner-3-not-pairing-with-my-huawei-p8-lite-1029835

You will have to sync by computer until it is fixed (if it is at all - TT has left the sports watch market altogether and is not producing any new devices so they may never fix it).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,952
    Hi tmiranda,

Welcome to the Community!

As tfarabaugh mentioned above, we've an issue with Huawei P8/P8 Lite phone models which are not pairing with the Spark watches with no workaround for this and you need to use the PC/laptop to sync the activities for a time being.

Some of the Huawei P8 Lite users reported that with latest software update (PRA-LX1C432B198), they managed to sort the pairing issue with the watch.

Cheers, lampard