Just bought Spark 3

Redlorakeet
Redlorakeet Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I have had my watch for 5 days, bought from Amazon. Just found out that they have pulled out of the wearables market.

So far i love the watch but am concerned that i was not aware of this when i bought it. I could send it back.

What do people think? I don’t want a watch that will get no support.

Comments

• Noctuola
    Noctuola Registered Users Posts: 19
    Apprentice Traveler
    I've had my Runner 3 for almost a year now and my impression is that customer support is deteriorating now that they've pulled out of wearables. My watch (more correctly, the Android app) developed problems with syncing my run data to the website and it's been effectively impossible to get any help with the issue from customer care; when I contacted them they told me to go through the usual motions (unpair watch, uninstall app, reinstall app, re-pair watch) and when that didn't help, they replied that they "felt" it must be an issue with my mobile phone provider rather than with the Tomtom app, and they haven't been heard from since.

Makes sense, I suppose; why invest time and effort in getting a product to work that the company has essentially written off?

Aside from this issue (and the matter of getting a GPS fix, which seems to be taking longer and longer even with clear skies and no tree cover) my watch is working decently for the moment, but I've lost all faith in the company and if I could still return it eleven months after purchasing, I would.
  • Redlorakeet
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks. Thats very helpful. I have returned to amazon already this morning.

It’s a shame but i am now thinking of a polar m430.

Thanks again.
  • Noctuola
    Noctuola Registered Users Posts: 19
    Apprentice Traveler
    Oh, another thing: if one of the things you want from a running watch is instant pace, then DEFINITELY return it. Instant pace on the Runner/Spark 3 is beyond hopeless -- see this thread (it started about a year ago but the problem persists and Tomtom didn't care about it even before it had pulled out of wearables).
  • Redlorakeet
    Apprentice Traveler
    You have been very helpful. Thank you.