Speed indicator burnt on screen — TomTom Community

Speed indicator burnt on screen

Mark-HullMark-Hull Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Could I suggest you add some transparency to the red speed indicator and speed camera at the bottom of the screen. They have permanently burnt on my screen on my 5 month old galaxy s8.

Comments

• AsprinAsprin Posts: 271 [Supreme Pioneer]
    @Mark-Hull,

I would like to see a screen shot of that.

Been using TomTomGo for a log time and have never had any type of screen burn.
    That goes for all the GPS apps I have used.
    Including other apps on Different Phones and Tablets.

Could you post a screen shot??
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,181 [Revered Voyager]
    A "screen shot" won't show screen burn. To show that needs a picture taken by another device.
    I did some googling and it turns out:

This problem is common in devices with OLED's and AMOLED's screen where the screen becomes yellowish and with ghosts of icons and buttons.

It happens with all apps not just TomTomGo.

There are a couple of apps on the Google Store that say they can fix this problem.

You will have to try for yourself.

PS:

Better to have a black or dark background and not white.

And not having screen on max brightness does help.

But having a screen on one thing for any length of time will burn in.

No different than PC and Laptops.

Not using the keyboard for and length of time the screen goes dark or the screen saver comes on.
  • Mark-HullMark-Hull Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks, i do have the dark background on and have it dimmed. Will alternate between portrait and landscape to mix it up a bit.

I'll check out the apps, thanks.
    I'm driving 60 hours a week so I may be asking a lot from this app.

One feature I would like to see that would sort this and battery issues would be a dim between turns feature like Google maps offer.
    @Mark-Hull,

I think having the screen dim would be a very good option.

As I do not look at the phone while GPS is running TomTom could add a screen shut down when there is no info to take the next exit or road.
    The screen should only come on say 200 meters before the next info is broadcasted to the screen. As for POI's like speedcams no need for the screen to come back on.

Giving you the warning of it is all that is needed.

Maybe not in the next version of TomTomGO but somewhere down the line have this add.