Goodbye TomTom — TomTom Community

Goodbye TomTom

jak68jak68 Posts: 77 [Prominent Wayfarer]
edited January 2019 in Travel lounge
I wanted to say goodbye to TomTom after a number of years(some good and some bad) being their customer.

I have decided to stop using them and go to a competitor due to a number of reasons:
  1. Customer service is not very good - when asking questions on the forum or elsewhere you never get a straight answer if any answer at all :rage:
  2. I am currently using a Go 6200 - What a complete piece of garbage, considering when I bought this at over £300 if was classed as a 'premium' product I would beg to differ. It constantly freezes on me so I have to reboot it which is painfully slow, when attempting to scroll through the menu it is painfully slow and again sometimes freezes. This is the second device as I sent the first one back as I thought it was just a one of problem. :rage::rage:
  3. I live near to the Mersey Gateway which I use every day and after their fiasco of updating the map to include the Gateway after many many months it is still not working correctly. When I set a destination to drive over the bridge from the Runcorn side to the Widnes side it works ok, but when I set a destination to cross the bridge from Widnes to Runcorn it does not work it wants to take me the longer way round. :rage::rage::rage:
I have now decided enough is enough and as from today I will no longer be using TomTom and I never will again and will also advise family and friends not to use them due to my experiences.

Good luck to all other Tomtom users I hope you have a better experience than myself :slight_smile:

Comments

• IGIIGI Posts: 141 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I feel you man :wink:

Nothing here can get TomTom to work or reply.
  • miketorcymiketorcy Posts: 3,417
    Superusers
    Good luck with Garmin! :grin:
  • IGIIGI Posts: 141 [Outstanding Explorer]
    miketorcy wrote:
    I feel that your post may get censored :D
  • jak68jak68 Posts: 77 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    IGI wrote:
    miketorcy wrote:
  • jak68jak68 Posts: 77 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    I think you might be right :wink:
  • miketorcymiketorcy Posts: 3,417
    Superusers
    IGI wrote:
    miketorcy wrote:
    I have a Garmin too, i can compare.
  • JimBhoyJimBhoy Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Yes Totally agree with everything you said Crap Product! Crap support! and forum! a complete waist of time good Luck I will change follow too