TomTom Nike+ watch

christmaspud
christmaspud Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
How can we sync our data into tomtom from Nike+ now that Nike has suddenly dropped support for the tomtom device? And could we continue to use the watch and sync it to tomtom????

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,936
    Superuser
    TomTom and Nike parted ways 5 years ago and there has been no relationship since then. It was a Nike product co-branded with TomTom so TT does not support it (they subsequently co-branded with Apple). There is no way to get the data into MySports and no way to sync it with TomTom. If Nike has killed the product, then it is dead unfortunately (and I am shocked to see they are still selling it online in that case). Your best bet would be to pursue it with Nike and see what they are doing about it.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • christmaspud
    christmaspud Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    30th of this month they will stop support for the watches and straps and close the data uplink s/w. The Nike+ running community needs a way out of this mess. Any suggestions are welcome.
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    30th of this month they will stop support for the watches and straps and close the data uplink s/w. The Nike+ running community needs a way out of this mess. Any suggestions are welcome.
    Unfortunately, that is not a TT issue as they are not TT watches, they are Nike watches. It is Nike's issue and they need to get their users out of the mess. There is really nothing TT can do as the watches are not compatible with TT's Connect service. It is not surprising that they are mothballing it as I do not think they have produced any new devices in close to five years.
  • Lankai
    Lankai Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Seeker
    I have been uploading data from my TT Spark3 to Nike+ . Will that transfer of data from TT Sports Connect continue to be supported?
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    Lankai wrote:
    I have been uploading data from my TT Spark3 to Nike+ . Will that transfer of data from TT Sports Connect continue to be supported?
    As far as anyone knows it will continue, but nothing has been committed either way.