Rider 550- Release date ?? — TomTom Community

Rider 550- Release date ??

KlickKlick Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in RIDER
Hi, a very simple question really, does anyone know the release date for the new Rider 550?

Thanks in anticipation.

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,923 Moderator
    And here is a link to the UK webshop: https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/motorcycle-sat-nav/

Regards
    Vikram
  • KlickKlick Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    VikramK wrote:
    And here is a link to the UK webshop: https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/motorcycle-sat-nav/

Regards
    Vikram
    My point exactly, I have Pre Ordered this unit but cannot find out the official release date for it, simply posting the link to the shop has not answered the question, when will it be available in the U.K..
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,923 Moderator
    Klick wrote:
    My point exactly, I have Pre Ordered this unit but cannot find out the official release date for it, simply posting the link to the shop has not answered the question, when will it be available in the U.K..

Sorry, I don't have a confirmed date on this yet. The units pre-ordered will, be shipped and delivered within a weeks time.

Regards
    Vikram
  • ram.deram.de Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I pre-ordered my 550 in Germany and it arrived on Monday (April 15th).
  • raesewellraesewell Posts: 142 [Supreme Navigator]
    The 500 has no traffic or speed cameras for the UK which I think is a bit crook, to coin an Australian expression.
  • NightShineNightShine Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Sorry, Klick. It wasn't apparent which market your question is referring to. Myself, I'm interested in information on the planned availability of the Rider 550 in the US market.

Anyone have any insights on this?

Thanks.
  • Vort3xVort3x Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Received mine last friday afternoon.
    in the Netherlands. :thumbsup_tone1:
    When are we getting the 500/550 in the UK??
    No I haven't pre-ordered, that doesn't really help me with a release date. I know they are available in France and Netherlands and I'm sure they will be available in the UK soon I just wondered when.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,854
    Superuser
    @raesewell

TomTom does not share that information with us users :(
    Those that have pre-ordered will get the first released devices, maybe even before TomTom make the official announcement ;)
    We are still waiting here in the UK :disappointed:
  • ZliukaZliuka Posts: 5 [Novice Seeker]
    Any news when??????????????? We still waiting!!!!!!!!
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,854
    Superuser
    @Zliuka

Pre-ordered ones have been delivered, but I suspect there are limited quantities, so they are not yet on general release to the big retailers.

Contact Customer Services to confirm delivery time if you "pre-order" from the link above (27 days ago)

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • eye4get1956eye4get1956 Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    Wow! Hard to believe that TomTom still hasn't published a release date; as of 5 August 2018.