Is the pace in race mode in Spark 3 is constant?

anatvedvir
anatvedvir Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi
I would like to use the race mode in my Spark 3 watch. I am wondering if the pace of my virtual competitor is constant or is it changed along the race (let say start at slow pace and increase a long the way)?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,938
    Superuser
    If you are running against a Custom race, it runs at a constant pace to complete the race in the time and distance allotted. If you are running against a previous activity it matches the paste in chunks (around 30 seconds I believe), not every second, so it will more closely match your speed on the prior activity.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • dspillett
    dspillett Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Just checking for paranoia to make sure I'm reading you correctly: by "matches the paste in chunks (around 30 seconds I believe), not every second" do you mean that it tracks the against the previous race pace in chunks (by time or distance), i.e. I ran that bit at 5:36/K and the next bit at 5:42/K, rather than it tracks the pace with a granularity of 30s (rounding 5:42 to 5:30 or 6:00)?
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,938
    Superuser
    dspillett wrote:
    Just checking for paranoia to make sure I'm reading you correctly: by "matches the paste in chunks (around 30 seconds I believe), not every second" do you mean that it tracks the against the previous race pace in chunks (by time or distance), i.e. I ran that bit at 5:36/K and the next bit at 5:42/K, rather than it tracks the pace with a granularity of 30s (rounding 5:42 to 5:30 or 6:00)?
    The first, it matches your pace for 30 second chunks of the race, so the pace you ran for that section in the prior event is the pace it sets you for in this one.