Problem with pairing of watch to iPhone 7

drhildi
drhildi Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I had trouble syncing my phone and watch yesterday so I tried to unpair them to start again. The phone thinks it's unpaired but I can't pair them again as the watch thinks it's still paired. Watch says 'go to manage in the app' - I have disconnected them in the app and the watch doesn't recognise this. Have done a soft reset by connecting to computer. Am a I doomed to never be able to pair them again?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
    Superuser
    You need to forget the device in the phone's Bluetooth settings before you pair again. The steps are: remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.