"no route possible"- GO MOBILE android — TomTom Community

"no route possible"- GO MOBILE android

oneblackdogoneblackdog Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
Hi TOMTOMERS
I'm John from Brisbane, Australia
I use the TomTom app on my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S7 - software up to date)

There are several routes stored on "MyDrive" which sync to the phone app and give directions, but one route will only give "no route possible".

This route appears to work on MyDrive - all directions show and the line goes the whole way. There are no "avoid" icons activated on either MyDrive or the phone app (there is a section of unpaved/dirt road).

Any clues as to how to get route to work?

Thanks
John

Comments

• [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Navigator]
    "No route possible" usually appears when attempting to route to a blocked road (e.g. by Traffic).
  • oneblackdogoneblackdog Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks EthoZ,
    unfortunately it's been happening over a few days, and I have travelled the route during this time
    there are no traffic or other warnings on the route
    John
  • PedeviPedevi Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi. Same issue here on TomTom Go Mobile for Android. No blocked roads on the route, but message keeps appearing. Route is ok when opend from MyDrive. Same route is used on TomTom Rider 40 without any issues.
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,187 [Revered Voyager]
    MyDrive plans a route from A to B. GO Mobile can't do exactly that but always tries to find a route starting where you actually are. So the "no route possible" message may reflect GO Mobile's difficulty in finding a vehicle route from your current actual GPS location to A.
    tgold wrote:
    MyDrive plans a route from A to B. GO Mobile can't do exactly that but always tries to find a route starting where you actually are. So the "no route possible" message may reflect GO Mobile's difficulty in finding a vehicle route from your current actual GPS location to A.
    Thanks Tgold
    I'll try it from the start point
    John
    tgold wrote:
    Thanks Tgold
    I'll try it from the start point
    John
    Curioser & curiouser.... trying again from the start point still gives "no route possible".

I tried the section with dirt roads on the app and it worked fine. I'll try each section from the beginning to see if there is a problem with any of them.

Cheers

John
    Fixed it
    But it's enough of a problem to ditch it

The route went via some back roads (not even out of the minor roads) and the app just didn't want to go that way - well it would if I walked or rode my push-bike, but not any-other way (quickest, shortest, eco-friendly, windiest - it was all of those).

I had to put in 3 extra waypoints to force it to drive/ride the way of the route. Now it's happy!

John
  • rjmustorjmusto Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Same problem here.

My home base is in Slovenia. I can use MyDrive to plan routes south, east and west into neighbouring countries, sync to Go on my android phone, and they work.

But if I try to go north through Austria, they don't. I can go so far into Austria and it's ok, but go beyond that point and the No Route Possible always comes up.

Very annoying.
  • rjmustorjmusto Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Interestingly, I can 'send a destination to device' that is the same as on a saved route, and that will plan ok on Go, although the saved route will not.