Go live XL error 148

bt_cav
bt_cav Registered Users Posts: 10
Legendary Explorer
edited December 2021 in Devices using MyDrive Connect
Hi all not been here for a long time

Looking for some information and advice please

I have my faithful TomTom go live XL which serves me very well, and I have been very happy investing in this satnav.

I am wanting to update the map. However, I noticed that when I tried to log in to my account on the device (out of interest) I was presented with an error message I have never seen before... Error code 148. As fast I can find online it seems to be that the sim card has stopped working.

Can this be resolved?

Can I still successfully updated the maps on my TomTom?

Comments

• Niall
    Niall Posts: 11,115
    Superuser
    @bt_cav

Check this FAQ https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10316/related/1
    Be aware if you have not used your 'Live' subscription for 3 years then it can not be reactivated.

Also check https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/obsolete-products/
  • bt_cav
    Legendary Explorer
    Hi Niall and EthoZ
    Thanks for your replies.

My mistake the model is Go live 1000

Thanks for pointing me in the correct direction Niall, hope I'm not too late to activate my Live services..

Not sure what my next move will be, I wasn't expecting to have to invest in another device...
  • Niall
    Superuser
    @bt_cav

Check (on Monday) with Customer Services the status of your "Live" subscription

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • bt_cav
    Legendary Explorer
    Nice one, thanks very much Niall :-)

Other thing I'm worried about is that the barcode has rubbed off, is there anywhere else I can find this?

I'm guessing that they will need the serial number...
  • Niall
    Superuser
    @bt_cav

To find the serial number either
    a)press the on/off button until white text on a black background is displayed the serial number is on the 3rd line and will start with "TA" or "TB" (be aware that if "TB" that device has been declared "End of life")
    b) Open MyDrive Connect and click on "My Devices" to getf7a75c45-a0bc-4b29-bc7f-01d782c987dc.jpg
  • bt_cav
    Legendary Explorer
    Niall, you are a true Gentleman.
    Thank you so much for your help.
    I'll check soon and report back sir :-)
  • bt_cav
    Legendary Explorer
    I Contacted Customer Support, my serial number starts 'TA' I was advised tomtom no longer supports this device.

They offered me a discount, and sent me an email saying they understand I wish to purchase a new device.
  • dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,382
    Superuser
    I'd call them back @bt_cav

TA devices are NOT End of Life.

Offer to provide this link:

https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/obsolete-products/