Can Spark watch update data to the Internet via smart phone bluetooth without using the USB cable?

derekleong72
derekleong72 Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi,

The traditional way to update the fitness data to the Internet was by connecting the USB cable to a PC or laptop, the watch will sync with the "tomtom sport connect" and the data will be send to the Internet for display after you've logon.
My watch cannot send data to the Internet over the bluetooth and smartphone connection. Is there something going wrong to my watch or this is the way that it should work? Can anyone help me with this? Thank you.

Regards,
DerekLeong72

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    If you search the forums you will find this is a known issue for many users with the recent updates. They have released a new version (1.7.64) which should have fixed this, if not you need to request a rollback to 1.3.255:

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/unable-to-pair-sync-after-update-to-firmware-v1-7-53-runner-and-spark-watch-series-1030088

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • derekleong72
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi Tfarabaugh,

Thanks for your reply. The scenario which the other user is facing seems similar. I'll try the next software update and see that resolve the problem I'm facing.

Regards,
    Derek Leong
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    Hi Tfarabaugh,

Thanks for your reply. The scenario which the other user is facing seems similar. I'll try the next software update and see that resolve the problem I'm facing.

Regards,
    Derek Leong
    There is no timing for another software update. The last one took over 7 months (and part of that was before they laid off the entire sports Division) so you may be waiting a long time.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • derekleong72
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi,

I guess for now the usb cable is the only way for me to update the data to the internet.

Regards and Thanks!
    Derek Leong