Hopeless Update System Via 180- Quick GPS fix through the MyDrive Connect

geoff278
geoff278 Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using MyDrive Connect
I have a TomTom Via 180. As usual, there is a GPS fix now available and I cannot get it through MyConnect. My first attempt required that I update MyConnect - did that. Second attempt resulted in a "blue screen of death (BSOD)" which hadn't happened in Windows 10 before. Third attempt got to 85% before the device "stopped communicating" and required that I disconnect and restart. Fourth, fifth and sixth etc. attempts were more "BSOD". Around the ninth or tenth attempt I got to 77% before the device stopped communicating. Next was another BSOD.

Needless to say, I am not impressed. I have always managed after several frustrating attempts on a range of computers and, usually after several hours, managed to download updates. Not this time. I have better things to do with my life than put up with shabby software that always seems to have been designed by unskilled monkeys.

When looking to get help, I finally found that my device was "not listed". This came as a surprise having found it listed a few minutes earlier.

Perhaps it's time to invest in another GPS Navigation system - NOT a TomTom!

I'm certainly not interested in paying for annual map updates that have to be loaded through the MyConnect app.

Comments

• dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,382
     Superuser
    You may wish to seek assistance from Support but do NOT respond with a model when prompted in order for a live agent to come on line:

:flag_au: Australia
    1300 135 604
    Monday-Friday:9:00 am to 5:30 pm AEST