Battery Replacement on the RUNNER 2

Monick
Monick Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi. I have a Tom Tom Runner 2 cardio/music. I run a 21km with only the GPS on and then my watch dies at about 18km. (That's under 2 hours after it was fully charged). I think the battery needs to be changed. Where do I go to have this done?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
    Superuser
    TT does not offer a battery replacement service and it is difficult to replace yourself. You would need to crack the case (voiding the warranty and potentially eliminating the waterproofing), find the same battery elsewhere and install it. Have you tried a factory reset? Sometimes the firmware starts to fail, leaving sensors on when it shouldn't and doing other things to shorten battery life. The most recent updates (since September) introduced rapid battery drain issue, so requesting a roll back to 1.3.255 at the link below might help as well.

To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/unable-to-pair-sync-after-update-to-firmware-v1-7-53-runner-and-spark-watch-series-1030088

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.