Golf watch gps problem — TomTom Community

Golf watch gps problem

golferobgolferob Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Golfer & Golfer 2
has worked fine but now the watch is unable to obtain a gps signal and so is unable to find the course I am playing on. The watch is about 9 months old. any ideas.

Comments

• MoraviaMoravia Posts: 20 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi golferob, did you connect your watch to PC or mobile phone? During this connection you get the QuickGPSFix information. Without the actual satellite positions you will wait long time for GPS signal.
  • golferobgolferob Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Dear Moravia I have connected via my PC and until recently the watch has worked OK. It is now unable to connect to the GPS signal. I have reconnected to my PC and updated and fully charged the watch but it still fails to connect to the GPS or fails to identify the golf course. The screen just goes blank. I need help in sorting it out. Golferob
  • Mischa1975Mischa1975 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I recognize this problem as well. I own a Golfer 2 for approx 9 months now and until recently it rather quickly found my homecourse as I was walking from the driving range to hole 1. Now it takes approx 10mins after I manually selected the course and then try to find it automatically again. The watch has the latest software/update and is paired with my iphone (8) whilst on the course.... very frustrating....
  • Wayneb9877Wayneb9877 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Did you find a fix for this ? I have the watch and it was working fine until I updated it. Since then it doesn’t pick my course up and I think it crashes somewhat... on tapping right to search for nearby clubs, it thinks about it for a second before vibrating then showing me the tomtom ‘hands logo’ and then going back to the time display.
  • Gert2Gert2 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I got the same problem after 2 years. Did anyone succed to solve the problem? I did a factory reset but the problem remains. The clock functions works fine but when I switch to the cource search the screen just flickers.
  • Lesley17Lesley17 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I need to have My GPS Golf watch front glass replaced
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,344
    Superusers
    Lesley17 wrote: »
    I need to have My GPS Golf watch front glass replaced

TomTom does not offer a repair service and broken glass or other user caused damage is not covered under warranty. There is no way to fix it yourself, so it is time for a new watch, there are plenty of brands out there with better feature sets for less money these days (TT Sports went out of business over 2.5 years ago).