Queensferry Crossing- Missing on the new map — TomTom Community

Queensferry Crossing- Missing on the new map

BetteDBetteD Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Built in car navigation
Does anyone know when the Queensferry Crossing will be included in updates for my R-LInk? It opened to traffic in September 2017 and I am still :sleepy:swimming in the water instead of crossing a bridge accompanied by warnings to "turn around when possible". I have the latest updates available (I checked with R-Link help) - V995.

Comments

• CarminatCarminat Posts: 989 [Revered Pioneer]
    Your expensive R-Link system is never up to date with maps. Quite by coincidence, a new map has just been released this week, v1000, go to the R-Link Store and pay to download it. I haven't bought it yet - there was a system update which took 15 minutes to download on the computer, then 45 minutes to install in the vehicle (with the engine running, of course!). The new crossing is on the latest map (v1005), but I don't know if it's on v1000 - we can only buy it and see!

By comparison, the next map after that, v1005, was released for standalone devices by TomTom six weeks ago. I am unable to discover who is at fault for this disparity, both TT and Renault deny it. But you'd think that a navigation system which costs in the region of £800 built into a new car would at least be supported by updates matching the timescale of simple standalone devices costing far less than half that price, especially when we R-Link owners have to pay for map updates which those cheaper standalone devices get free for life!
  • BetteDBetteD Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Thank you for the reply - appreciate and agree with your comments. My car is only 5/6 weeks old so hopefully I should get this update without paying. I was told by the Salesman who sold me the car that I am entitled to free updates so it sounds like a Sales pitch from what you are saying. Thanks again.
    Lucky you - mine is also 5/6 weeks old. When I logged it in, I got an update free - to map v995!!!

I'm hoping to contact their Connected Services people to see whether I get free updates - my previous vehicle gave free updates for 90 days, but I can't find any timescale for this one and having received the one update, I suspect I've lost out. So annoying that all maps are single purchase and so expensive.
    I am hoping that is the case but I will contact R-Link help and confirm as I dont wat to have to pay for updates either.
    Just checked with Rlink helpline - apparently it depends what version of the R-Link Evolution Device and the model of Car purchased - Mine is a Captur Signature and it comes with 3 years of free map updates included. The reason given for differences in versions between Tom Tom and Renault was given as the time to concert to the Renault system.
    OK, so connect to computer and you’ll get map 1000 with hopefully the updated Queensferry bridge. Remember it will take a LONG time to download and install and if you switch off your car engine before it’s finished, you’ll have problems - make sure when you install it in the car you are driving at least half an hour without needing the R-Link running.

The reason for delayed difference from TomTom map versions is not valid - can you REALLY believe that it takes six months to convert?