Do not Synchronize

vilevichvilevich Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 19 in TomTom Adventurer
Hi. :hand_splayed_tone1:

I got problems lately with my Adventurer, or app - not sure.
Usually after run everything synchronised perfectly - received notifications with few seconds after run in Endomondo and Strava.
Now i can see the run in TomTom app, but nothing in Endomondo and Strava.
I got Samsung S8. Everything is updated to the latest.
Any advice?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,190 [Superusers]
    There seemed to be a server out this weekend as a number of people noted Strava did not upload. All activities are cached so if it is on MySports it will eventually load to Strava and other sites. You are always able to load activities manually in Strava by hitting the + sign in the upper right corner, and clicking Upload Activity, then on the menu on the left choose File and hit the Choose Files button. It accepts .tcx, .gpx. or .fit files. If you sync through the PC and have it set to create a data file each time (recommended to give you an archived backup of each activity) then you just need to select that file. If not, can go into the activity on MySports and hit the download button to download a data file for the activity (.fit is the best, it has the most data in the smallest file size and is universally accepted).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • hooonzahooonza Posts: 10 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks for explaining this.
    Any progress or news from TT about the servers situation?
  • vilevichvilevich Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I did export .gpx file and uploaded to Endomondo. That worked, but noticed that running time was different. This morning woke up with 5 more copies with my run, three of them had correct running time.

Will check what will happen today.
  • hooonzahooonza Posts: 10 [Master Explorer]
    Hd6e8802a-e249-4fff-930c-e6a65497be6d.jpgi, I am using TomTom for almost two years now, and I did create new Strava account just yesterday in order to have the activities there as well.

But nothing is happening, it writes - it is synchronizing...d6e8802a-e249-4fff-930c-e6a65497be6d.jpg

Do you know how far will the synchronization go?

Thanks
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,190 [Superusers]
    hooonza wrote:
    H, I am using TomTom for almost two years now, and I did create new Strava account just yesterday in order to have the activities there as well.

But nothing is happening, it writes - it is synchronizing...
    Do you know how far will the synchronization go?

Thanks
    It will not synchronize old activities, only those created from when you linked the account forward. To get those on Strava you would need to download tcx or fit files from TomTom and manually upload them to Strava.
  • vilevichvilevich Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Today everything worked well.
    Only sync was slow, like good 4-5 minutes.
    I guess that was one-time bug.