Tomtom VIA 1505 - Waiting for a Valid GPS signal - no quickgpsfix downloaded over mydrive

Sansui2
Sansui2 Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using MyDrive Connect
Haven't used this old GPS in several years. Dug it out, updated the maps etc over Mydrive Connect, seemed to work fine. It won't get a GPS signal, did a factory reset, and looked in updates for any kind of QuickGPSFix I used to see years ago, but there does not seem to be any such thing in the updates.

Did the drum reset by holding power button, didn't change anything.

Is there a way to force a quickgpsfix? Some reason why it might be missing?

Under about this device I see

App 12.074.2687300.84
GPS 2.18.903 127792

Comments

• Niall
    Niall Posts: 11,115
    Superuser
    @Sansui2

A soft reset :- with your device charged for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply; press and hold your on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound (or the TomTom hands symbol appears) then release the on/off button. Make sure you are outside and have a clear view of the sky (satellites)
  • Sansui2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi, thanks for your suggestion, but per my post I've already tried the drum reset multiple times.
  • Niall
    Superuser
    @Sansui2

But where you in clear view of satellites, IE outside?
  • Sansui2
    Apprentice Traveler
    I did it outside in a parking lot twice. Finally I drove out somewhere else and did the drum reset again, and it finally picked up and started working.
  • Niall
    Superuser
    @Sansui2

Glad that you finally got a lock :)
    Maybe the parking lot has a number of tall buildings distorting the signal ;)