TomTom Touch and Runner 2 — TomTom Community

TomTom Touch and Runner 2

SpikeXtremeSpikeXtreme Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Touch
Considering you can not sync a runner 2 and touch in the same app - i question why bother wearing/using the Touch? .The app will only accept one bluetooth sync and other must be done via a PC ... this implies a lazy coding issue because the phone will allocate different codes for each device and the app doesn't see this.
The whole situation is half baked and shows TomTom don't really care about their customers.
Maybe Garmin have thought the whole package through.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,811
    Superusers
    It is actually a limitation with Apple, which is the first OS they programmed for (not sure on where Android stands today). I am not sure why you would have a Touch at all since the Runner 2 has the same functionality and the Touch is very inaccurate (but that is another discussion). Just sync the one you use a lot via phone (likely the tough) and the one you use less frequently by computer (likely the Runner 2). It is an extra 5 seconds, what is the big deal? In any case, TT has left the wearables market and is not producing any new devices, so I would expect at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes (and even that may be limited - it has been over six months since the last update broke connectivity for many users and introduced battery drain issues and that is still unresolved). I would not expect much more development and certainly not something major particularly on the watch side (they may continue to tweak the MySports site and app, but not the watches themselves).

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • SpikeXtremeSpikeXtreme Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    I bought the touch because of the Fat/muscle reading function and because it was half the price of the Runner2.
    I did used to wear the R2 daily but a few knocks and the screen nearly got scratched and for me it's too valuable to wreck.
    I know it is pointless in complaining now because TomToms position and also a bit sad because i think the Touch had potential.
    Thanks for your reply
    Superusers
    I bought the touch because of the Fat/muscle reading function and because it was half the price of the Runner2.
    I did used to wear the R2 daily but a few knocks and the screen nearly got scratched and for me it's too valuable to wreck.
    I know it is pointless in complaining now because TomToms position and also a bit sad because i think the Touch had potential.
    Thanks for your reply
    Unfortunately, the body composition readings are inaccurate and worthless, but I understand why you bought it.

Glad I could help. When you get a chance please mark my response as a solution so others with the same question can look for it.
  • SpikeXtremeSpikeXtreme Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    According to a few reviews i have read the body composition readings are not useless but they are inaccurate.They do provide an inaccurate measurement, but they are consistent in the reading and that gives the user a goal to aim for.How can a tiny electric current measure accurately fat and muscle mass !. Hopefully TomTom will revalue the wearable tech market and design/build something that may knock Fitbit.
    Superusers
    According to a few reviews i have read the body composition readings are not useless but they are inaccurate.They do provide an inaccurate measurement, but they are consistent in the reading and that gives the user a goal to aim for.How can a tiny electric current measure accurately fat and muscle mass !. Hopefully TomTom will revalue the wearable tech market and design/build something that may knock Fitbit.
    They are not going to come back The Touch was a failure (as was the Sports Division in general) and companies do not come back to a space they have already left. The competition was too great and Garmin is the primary competitor, not Fitbit, who are struggling as well.