File Association for MyDrive Connect — TomTom Community

File Association for MyDrive Connect

Bookworm123Bookworm123 Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited January 31 in MyDrive Connect
My Via 130 is now end of life and I have updated with a new version, but I bought a years map update at the end of last year. My device has not updated since I bought the map update and I have re-installed My Drive Connect as it was giving me the following message: 'This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program, or if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel.". I re-installed My Drive Connect but still get the same message and I don't know which file association to give. So at present I can't update my old sat nav and the map update is useless.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,167 Superusers
    What are the first two characters of your device? I ask because see here:

"AQ">Via 130 / 135, 2GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV3 Eol
    "AV">Via 130 / 135, 2GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV3 Eol
    "AW">Via 130 / 135, 4GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV3
    "AX">Via 130 / 135, 8GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV3

If AQ or AV, then the device are End of Life. But map subscriptions will still be honoured.

Try this:
    1. Download the FREEWARE version of Revo Uninstaller from here: https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html
    2. Completely remove MyDriveConnect from your computer.
    3. Get a fresh copy at tomtom.com/getstarted and install BUT do not have your device connected to the computer during installation.
    4. Connect your device.
    All the above assumes you have a PC, not a Mac.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,563 Superuser
    @Bookworm123

Contact Customer Services to arrange a refund, when asked about device be silent until a real agent comes on the line

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • Bookworm123Bookworm123 Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    dhn - thank you for your offered solution. Unfortunately it didn't work and when I re-installed a message came up that C+++ visual basic will no longer automatically work so think it is a case of going to Tom Tom and requesting a refund as I cannot update my maps.
    Niall - thank you, also for attempting to help me. I was rapidly coming to the conclusion that I would have to contact Tom Tom direct but didn't have a number so thank you for that.
    Contacted TomTom by phone. Helpful Customer Service Assistant sent me another link to download a different version of My Drive Connect which worked fine and I have been able to update my Sat Nav.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,563 Superuser
    @Bookworm123

Glad that the phone assistance has go you going again