TomTom rip-off UK customers with Rider 550 — TomTom Community

TomTom rip-off UK customers with Rider 550

ChrisHallChrisHall Posts: 256 [Exalted Navigator]
edited January 2019 in RIDER
As seems usual, UK customers will be ripped off by TomTom. The 550 is £399 in the UK, yet €399 in Europe, so It should be about £350, a tidy £49 profit for TomTom.

Comments

• yamfjryamfjr Posts: 8 [Master Traveler]
    I might consider upgrading, but not at that price! I think for those of us that all ready own a 40.... they could perhaps sell us the unit only? I don't need any more mounting hardware etc..
  • ztech6ztech6 Posts: 55 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    I took a upgrade from my original Rider to a 420 which at the time I thought was a good deal for £260. Now I've just received another offer to upgrade to 550 for £400 ! Bit of a joke really, I haven't even used the 420 yet. Feels like they just dumped off the old stock ready for the new model :expressionless:
    Not impressed at all.
  • CornersrunsCornersruns Posts: 29 [Master Explorer]
    Best upgrade for a TomTom is ask it for directions to a recycling centre (hope it's not raining or you won't be able to find it, don't use bluetooth because you can't understand it, hope it doesn't crash) throw TomTom into recycling bin, go and buy a paper map.
  • RafałRafał Posts: 42 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Best upgrade for a TomTom is ask it for directions to a recycling centre (hope it's not raining or you won't be able to find it, don't use bluetooth because you can't understand it, hope it doesn't crash) throw TomTom into recycling bin, go and buy a paper map.

...or use any other more functional and free apk on Your own Android or Apple smartphone... Especially when somebody has reported yet a hoarce voice illnes for 550 too... :confounded:
    I'm already testing one quite interesting :wink: