Tomtom GO 2535 TM WTE Lifetime Maps Issue

Formula1
Formula1 Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using MyDrive Connect
The retail box my Tomtom 2535 TM WTE came in says "Lifetime Maps" in 3 places on it. When I bought it I assumed this meant for both North America and Europe, however, that's not the case. The Europe maps expired within a year. In my opinion this was misleading packaging and I believe the newer versions addressed this.
Does Tomtom offer any kind of assistance with this, or am I expected to pay the full price to update my Europe maps? (The cost for Europe maps for a year is 1/2 the cost of a new device that has lifetime Europe maps included.)
Other than this issue, I've been well-pleased with my Tomtom.

Comments

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,826
    Superuser
    Hi
    @Formula1
    Tomtom have already stated that Lifetime Maps and any existing Map Subscriptions will be honoured

See VikramK Post (TomTom Staff) Here....
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/news-and-announcements-37/end-of-life-device-with-lifetime-maps-1032484/index1.html#post1207861

If you have Lifetime Maps or an existing Map Subscriptions Call Tomtom Support...

When calling... When prompted by the Auto Response System DO NOT provide your Tomtom model information, wait for a live agent to respond

:flag_ca: Canada (en)
    +1 877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST

:flag_ca: Canada (fr)
    +1 888 301 0690
    lundi-vendredi: 06h00-11h30 EDT

ATB YFM
  • Formula1
    Formula1 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks- this worked perfectly! The support person was great and activated my lifetime Europe maps. Loving my Tomtom today!