I cannot connect to Live services-GO LIVE 825

kop64
kop64 Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using MyDrive Connect
Since last week I lost connection with traffic info. I see a remark that in settings I must enable sharing information. Only problem is that I cannot find the place on my TomTom Go Live 825 to adjust this. Also I cannot remember turning this feature off.
Anyone able to help me?

Comments

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,815
    Hi kop64

Welcome to the community :)

This is a known problem and so I would suggest that you get in touch with the customer service. They will be able to resolve this for you.

Regards
    Vikram
  • John-Jay
    John-Jay Registered Users Posts: 746
    Revered Pioneer
    @kop64

For information:-

:flag_nl: Nederland (Holland)
    020 850 1007
    Maandag t/m vrijdag van 9.00 tot 17:30
  • John-Jay
    Revered Pioneer
    @VikramK

Is this a "known-issue" for lots of different TomTom devices, or is it specific to just a few?

Recently, my GO5100 has been getting significantly worse at connecting to Live Traffic & now very rarely connects!
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,815
    Hi John

No, only the Nav3 range, i.e: GO LIVE devices.

With regards to your GO 5100 the SIM status seems to be fine as per our systems.

Perhaps you may have already did this, but still asking if you have tired the steps here: https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10316

If yes then please contact the customer service and provide them the locations where you often find the device dropping its connection.

They will be able to investigate this better.

Thanks
    Vikram :)
  • John-Jay
    Revered Pioneer
    Hi, @VikramK ,

Thanks for the Link!

However, as far as I can tell, that really ONLY covers where the Device has NOT been set-up correctly (i.e. has NEVER received the Traffic Services) whereas, in my case, I was getting these Services but the Connection became more & more intermittant & now no longer ever connects (i.e. it is NOT a case of losing a connection whilst on a journey).

Recently I've completed some quite long journeys (500+ miles on Motorways & Main Roads) & would have expected adequate connections!

I have already completed a "Drum-Roll" reset & (when I have time) I will undetake a Full Factory Reset (as suggested in your link)!
  • John-Jay
    Revered Pioneer
    Hi, @VikramK ,

Have just done a Full Factory Reset &, initially, it didn't want to let me activate the "Services"!!

However, tried again a bit late &, after a bit of a delay, it eventually activated.

Currently now seems to be working - many thanks!