TomTom Spark 3 won't pair with iPhone

willowtree
willowtree Registered Users Posts: 4
Neophyte Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
My watch crashed yesterday and I have since done a factory reset. It now will not pair with my iPhone. I have clicked the forget device option on the app. I have been down to pair new on the watch and the phone then says connecting and then the watch goes back to the menu screen and nothing happens. I have a duathlon race in 6 days so I am no rather frustrated!

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,936
    Superuser
    willowtree wrote:
    My watch crashed yesterday and I have since done a factory reset. It now will not pair with my iPhone. I have clicked the forget device option on the app. I have been down to pair new on the watch and the phone then says connecting and then the watch goes back to the menu screen and nothing happens. I have a duathlon race in 6 days so I am no rather frustrated!
    What version of the app software are you on? When you did the reset it may have put you on a later firmware which has connectivity issues. You can also try starting from scratch following the steps in order. The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • willowtree
    willowtree Registered Users Posts: 4
    Neophyte Traveler
    Have already done everything you have suggested. The phone says connecting but the watch jumps back to the menu screen. If you press the right button you can briefly see the pin come up but it Jj is bck to the other screen and you can’t type the number on trhe phone in any case
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,936
    Superuser
    willowtree wrote:
    Have already done everything you have suggested. The phone says connecting but the watch jumps back to the menu screen. If you press the right button you can briefly see the pin come up but it Jj is bck to the other screen and you can’t type the number on trhe phone in any case
    You did not answer what version of the app you are on, which is the key. If you search the forums you will find this is a known issue for many users with the recent updates. If you go to this post and ask the moderator to roll back your firmware version it should fix it.

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/unable-to-pair-sync-after-update-to-firmware-v1-7-53-runner-and-spark-watch-series-1030088

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.