Spark 3 Watch/App different distance after sync

RunningPig
RunningPig Registered Users Posts: 18
Outstanding Explorer
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Watch Firmware: 1.7.64
Android App Version: 10.0.1

Issue: I had a 20 mile run on Saturday with my running group. When we reached the finish, I was at 19.84 miles, so I continued to a nearby parking lot and did one loop to reach an even 20.00 miles. Once my watch showed 20 miles, I stopped the activity. After the watch synced with my android app, the app showed an additional .19 miles and a different average pace.

Additional info: I do use the auto pause feature on the watch. Pics are attached. a359df01-da5e-4d6a-ac40-a687298c3f4f.jpgd332ee08-d99f-4041-aebf-a5198723402a.jpg

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,936
    Superuser
    Once the data is uploaded it goes in and looks at the data, parsing out any bad data points and recalculating. In this case, there was likely some erroneous GPS points that it factored out in processing. It does not happen too often but it gives you better more accurate results. If you want it to show the even 20, just edit the activity in MySports and it will recalculate the paces for it based on the edited distance.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • RunningPig
    Outstanding Explorer
    As long as it's expected behavior, I'll mark it as the solution. Thanks.
  • RunningPig
    Outstanding Explorer
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    Once the data is uploaded it goes in and looks at the data, parsing out any bad data points and recalculating. In this case, there was likely some erroneous GPS points that it factored out in processing. It does not happen too often but it gives you better more accurate results.
    Now that I've had some more runs with this updated Android app (version 10.0.1) ALL of my runs have had the total distance adjusted. All of them have had distance added in the app compared to what the watch displays. Some of these runs have been on routes I've done many times in the past without a difference in the app versus what's shown on the watch.

I really think this is new behavior in the updated Android app. Whether or not it's expected behavior or not is unknown to me.