Calorie tracker not working — TomTom Community

Calorie tracker not working

Andyn661Andyn661 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
Hi,

I've just bought a TomTom Adventurer and over the past 3 days it has only recorded my BMR calories and any calories from a recorded activity i.e a run. It isnt adjusting for daily activity.

It is showing steps and active time but isn't recording any sleep time either. Is the watch just faulty or is there something I can do to get it working properly?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,528
    Superusers
    It does not adjust for daily activity, or at least not in any meaningful way. It takes your BMR calories (which assumes a certain level of general activity) and adds any calories burned during sports activities (but the gross amount so technically you are double counting your BMR for those periods). Make sure that sleep tracking is on under the Tracker Setting, there are separate menus for Goals, Heart and Sleep, make sure it is set for On and click right to save the choice. If it is still not recording you can try a factory reset.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Andyn661Andyn661 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for the answer, but the manual says it should adjust for daily activity taking into account the amount of steps and active time, my BMR is around 1800kcals and that is what I would burn if I did absolutely nothing for 24 hours. If I don't record any exercise on the watch it should still be higher than the base 1800.

The sleep tracking is turned on, but it isnt recording anything.

I will try a factory reset and see if that helps at all.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,528
    Superusers
    Andyn661 wrote:
    Thanks for the answer, but the manual says it should adjust for daily activity taking into account the amount of steps and active time, my BMR is around 1800kcals and that is what I would burn if I did absolutely nothing for 24 hours. If I don't record any exercise on the watch it should still be higher than the base 1800.

The sleep tracking is turned on, but it isnt recording anything.

I will try a factory reset and see if that helps at all.
    As I said, it does not add it in any meaningful way. The manual may say that but it does not seem to make much of a difference. And in reality you are not going to burn a material amount of additional calories walking 10,000 steps over the course of an entire day as you are never raising your HR to do so. The activity tracker function on this device is rudimentary at best so I would not expect much out of it. And since TT has left the wearables market it is not going to change, so just get used to it.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.