Sports-tracker — TomTom Community

Sports-tracker

LHOTRIENLHOTRIEN Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Just got my hands on TomTom Adventurer GPS Watch and as much as i getting use to this i feel that the availability of the apps you can directly log your workouts is somehow limited. I Have been tracking mostly my runs on the Sports-tracker Bout 800odd miles last year alone. Now Im not really prepared all that information go to waste and starting anew. Does anybody know if this is even planned in future? There was similar topic like 3 years ago if there is no short terms plan i will like to know.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,676
    Superusers
    Considering TT has left the wearables market and is not producing any new devices (and never even released the Adventurer in the US), I would assume at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes (and even that may be limited - it has been over six months since the last update broke connectivity for many users and introduced battery drain issues and that is still unresolved). I would not expect much more development and certainly not something major particularly on the watch side (they may continue to tweak the MySports site and app, but not the watches themselves). They will not be adding any more partnerships at this point so you will not be able to export to Sports Tracker automatically, although you can export a data file and upload it yourself.

Having just purchased the watch I would take care with your buying decision considering the information above. You may want to consider if you want to keep ti or move to another device that will be more fully supported in the future.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • LHOTRIENLHOTRIEN Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    It pretty much sums up what i was thinking, considering sports-tracker has partnership with major competitor it may be something they will to look into even if they continue support gps wearables. Perhaps i will continue my basic phone headphones way of tracking my runs and use ,,watch,, for racing. Long term i will have to look for other options. its a shame but such is life thanks for the points.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,676
    Superusers
    LHOTRIEN wrote:
    It pretty much sums up what i was thinking, considering sports-tracker has partnership with major competitor it may be something they will to look into even if they continue support gps wearables. Perhaps i will continue my basic phone headphones way of tracking my runs and use ,,watch,, for racing. Long term i will have to look for other options. its a shame but such is life thanks for the points.
    Glad I could help. When you get a chance please mark my response as a solution so others with the same question can look for it.