Golfer 2 backlight — TomTom Community

Golfer 2 backlight

Kuwait murrayKuwait murray Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
edited January 2019 in Golfer & Golfer 2
Good day.
I have a new golfer 2 and for the life of me cant work out how to turn the back light on. I play at night on a flood lit course but still need to turn on the light to check info. I cant find this function.
Cn anyone help.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,677
    Superusers
    Hold you palm over the screen for a second and the backlight will turn on. You can also touch both sides of the screen at once and it will turn on as well. I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Kuwait murrayKuwait murray Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
    thanks. 1 of these options may work. But when playing and putting your hand over the screen it adds a stroke at the same time and you lose the distance screen again. I will try touching both sides and see if that works
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,160
    Community Manager
    Looks like we have a mistake in our manual because it mentions the effect of using back light on battery life. However, there is no back light on Golfer watches.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,677
    Superusers
    Looks like we have a mistake in our manual because it mentions the effect of using back light on battery life. However, there is no back light on Golfer watches.
    Thanks for clarifying, I did not realize that. Makes sense though as people usually don't play golf in the dark, it makes it a bit tough to find the ball!
  • Kuwait murrayKuwait murray Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
    guys. You obviously don't have to play in the evening to understand the issue. If you don't understand the issue and have no comment of value I suggest you read instead of commenting. Many people play under floodlight. If you had played you would know shadows are a constant issue. The watch DOES have a backlight. As to did the first golfer watch I had.
    So, it would then appear that the ability to turn the backlight on is only doable when your not in playing mode. An option I assume that was not carried forward from the first watch. God bless you all for having the luxury of only playing in daylight hrs.
    Try going to your course in the evening under floodlight and you will see what I mean.