Heart rate monitor on TomTom Spark — TomTom Community

Heart rate monitor on TomTom Spark

CyberoniCyberoni Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
If been using the spark for a few years now and have been really satisfied with the product. But somewhere down the line of updates my 24/7 heart rate tracker stopped working. Every new update I hope they fixed the problem but sofar nothing. I haven't seen this specific issue on the forum. I have tried factory resets but nothing helped.
So what happens: once I select the heart rate tracker on, after a couple of minutes (probably once it starts recording it's first heart rate) I get a low battery screen on my watch and it won't do anything until I connect it to a powersource. Once I connect it back on the dock it is back with plenty of power left. If I now leave the tracker on the same problem repeats. So I can't put the 24/7 heart rate tracker on. The heart rate monitor does work fine during exercises so it isn't broken. After the last update (march 2018) I tried again hoping the tracker works. Again the low battery screen, but this time it didn't come back at all after I put it in the dock, but in stead got a empty screen and had to reset it by holding the down button while connecting it, to get it back. It will go through the whole reset process but once it is finished it will return the the blank screen (grey). I can't get it back whatever I try... help...

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,181
    Superusers
    At this point I would suggest calling Customer Support to see what they can do as it sounds like a defective device. They are able to more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum. To get the number for Customer Support, select Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • CyberoniCyberoni Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I got it back working again...
    I left it on the grey screen for a full day; until it didn't even respond to the down button (and hold). I connected back on the computer and it came back to life. And what is even better is that I found a way to turn the 24/7 heart rate tracker on. I connected it with my app on my phone. If you go to your profile and hit the watch pictogram you can turn the tracker (and message) on with a slider. I tried this option in stead of the menu on the watch itself and this actually worked. I got a couple of readings tonight without the watch going to that low battery state. Very happy!!