Locations in my imported POI files not shown when planning route — TomTom Community

Locations in my imported POI files not shown when planning route

dsajonesdsajones Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
I've imported a POI file with my locations in to mydrive.tomtom. I'm also using the app on my Android phone. The imported file goes straight across to my phone and I can plan routes based on searching my POI. But in mydrive.tomtom my POI don't get offered when I start a search.

Comments

• [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    That's the way it is.
    You can not work with own POI in MyDrive.
  • dsajonesdsajones Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
    EthoZ wrote:
    That's the way it is.
    You can not work with own POI in MyDrive.
    Thanks for the reply EthoZ. That's very dissappointing!!
  • ItProjManItProjMan Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    It appears that one's own POI's are NOT included when using the search facility on my TomTom Go 6100.
    This is/was a £300 device; and one appears not to be able to do what is a simple search function on it. This is confusing (and a black mark against TomTom's executives).
    'Search' is a basic IT function so TomTom can do it if they want to. I hope someone on here can 'enlighten' me as to how it is achievable and and correct my assumptions and disdain for TomTom's total lack of customer focus.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,459
    Superusers
    edited August 2019
    Hi
    @ItProjMan

When installing 3rd Party POIs the MyDrive Web Route planner is only used as a transfer tool for loading 3rd party POI Categories to the TomTom Cloud
    ItProjMan wrote: »
    (Snip) But in mydrive.tomtom my POI don't get offered when I start a search.
    I'm not aware of any Route planners that allow you to install YOUR OWN or 3rd party POI Categories and use them for route planning

(1)... You can use a 3rd party POI category when planning a route on the device
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1233730/#Comment_1233730
    (2)... You can't use a 3rd party POI category when planning a route on the MyDrive Web Route planner

This is the Workaround I use for a 3rd party POI/POI category when planning a route on the MyDrive Web Route planner
    The Method I use.... its a two stage process using the device & the MDW Route planner to Sync the POI locations to the MDW Route planner for inclusion in the route

Stage (1)... On your NAV4/5(Wi-Fi) Device
    Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) --> MyPlaces... Select a POI Category e.g... National Trust
    The Main search area turns blue and "National Trust" is offered with a flashing cursor
    Continue typing the name of the required "National Trust" site, Type dud(maston) (Or as much of the word that's required for Dudmaston Hall appear at the top of the National trust list
    Tap on Dudmaston Hall... A Quick Menu opens... Tap on the 3Dot Icon... Add to my places
    Rename the MyPlace or Tap 'Add' to accept the offered Name
    Dudmaston Hall is synced to the MyDrive Web Route planner

Stage (2)... On the MyDrive Web Route planner
    Open MyPlaces... Left click on Dudmaston Hall
    The MDW Map zooms into Dudmaston Hall
    Right Click On the blue Dudmaston Hall Icon

If you are starting a new Route you're offered....
    'Use as a Starting point'
    Or
    'Plan a Route'

If the Route is already started you're offered....
    'Add a Stop'

I tend ignore the Menu that opens... And simply Left or Right click on the Blue MyPlaces Icons

On the device, you may need to occasionally edit/tidy the MyPlaces list

ATB YFM
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,459
    Superusers
    edited August 2019
    Hi
    @ItProjMan
    ItProjMan wrote: »
    It appears that one's own POI's are NOT included when using the search facility on my TomTom Go 6100.
    This is/was a £300 device; and one appears not to be able to do what is a simple search function on it. This is confusing (and a black mark against TomTom's executives).
    'Search' is a basic IT function so TomTom can do it if they want to. I hope someone on here can 'enlighten' me as to how it is achievable and and correct my assumptions and disdain for TomTom's total lack of customer focus.
    Searching for and using a POI from a 3rd party installed POI Category....
    The search engine is excellent you usually only need to type around three characters of the POI name for a hit...
    For example... I have loaded the 3rd party POI's for the National Trust... To show the POI's for "National Trust" on the map, work your way down to option (2)
    From the main screen
    Tap (....)4Dot Icon (Screen Bottom left)
    Swipe left or Tap the mid/right edge of the screen to go to and tap the MyPlaces Icon
    Scroll down and select the required POI Category For example "National Trust"
    You now have three options
    The Main search area turns blue and "National Trust" is offered with a flashing cursor
    Continue typing the name of the required "National Trust" site, Type Dud (Or as much of the word that's required for Dudmaston Hall appear at the top of the National trust list)
    Tap on the offered Dudmaston Hall and select the Drive Icon

fvvl1hj389eu.jpg
    You also have two further options.....
    After the initial "National Trust" POI selection
    There's a dual Icon (screen bottom right) with Three Lines and Two circles

o7rx4qycdyey.jpg
    (1)..... Tap the three Lines Icon (bottom right screen) and a list will appear of the "National Trust" sites in distance order
    (2)...... Tap the Two circle Icon for the "National Trust" sites POI's to appear on the screen (Pinch zoom for detail) (Note..... On the Start range its easier to tap the plus and minus buttons to zoom the map screen)
    as far as I'm aware it will show the nearest 60ish POI's around your location
    There is also a Keyboard Icon (screen bottom right) to return to the search window from the options (1) and (2)

An example of the generic Icons on the search screen, the Icons are dynamic so the closer you zoom more icons appear

j381fa0ut3qg.jpg

ATB YFM