Sailing, Windsurfing, Kitesurfing — TomTom Community

Sailing, Windsurfing, Kitesurfing

plodernatorplodernator Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
silly me should have read the other forums... https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/tomtom-leaving-wearables-tomtom-really-1028359

what i said was...

My Spark Cardio is excellent for kitesurfing and sailing but a couple of changes would make it even more awesome.
  • Sailing mode (so i don't have to use Cycling in the middle of the sea)
  • Countdown Timer (in sailing we get a 5 minute warning beep before the start)
  • A display of speed and course made good (degrees) (so you can see if the wind is shifting)
  • A Max Jump feature to log kitesurfing jumps
There's a RaceQs watch app for the Garmin and Apple watches with many other features. You could contact them and offer them a development kit so they could port their app to the TomTom watch...

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,181
    Superusers
    At this point we will not be seeing any major changes to the watches. I would assume at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes (and even that may be limited - it has been over six months since the last update broke connectivity for many users and introduced battery drain issues and that is still unresolved). I would not expect much more development and certainly not something major particularly on the watch side (they may continue to tweak the MySports site and app, but not the watches themselves).

They are not adding any more sports modes, that is what they added Freestyle and gym modes for. Freestyle is for any GPS enabled non-core activities and Gym for non-GPS enabled activities. If they start adding sports modes then you may want equestrian sports and I may want football and someone else may want paddle sports, this is why then went with the generic Freestyle. The existing sports also tie into the lifetime totals on MySports. If they add more sports modes they would also need to redesign all of MySports to capture them. You should try using Freestyle it gets you distance based on GPS and calories based on HR so it will be the most accurate (cycling and running use METs for calories and ignore HR).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.