Galaxy S8 update and MyDrive connectivity — TomTom Community

Galaxy S8 update and MyDrive connectivity

jkallesjkalles Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Yesterday my AT&T Galaxy S8 got a huge software update to 8.0.0 (Samsung Experience 9.0). Well since that happened my TomTom will not connect to the MyDrive app. I can pair the two devices just fine, but when I check the Network status under TomTom Services it says Connecting... And when I tap that and then my phone (which says paired) I get a screen that says, "Unable to Connect to TomTom My Drive Please check that MyDrive app is installed and running. Also check that mobile data and bluetooth are turned on and that your phone is discoverable." If reset the pairing multiple times, I've erased and reinstalled the MyDrive software on the phone. I've rebooted both devices, I've updated the Go50, and I've even factory reset the Go50. All my other bluetooth devices work fine since the software upgrade. I troubleshoot the $#$# out of things before I resort to message boards, so I'm 100% out of ideas on what to try next. Any help is appreciated (I'm going to try calling the phone number tomorrow to see where that leads me). Thanks.

Comments

• nwxan90nwxan90 Posts: 14 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    I have exactly the same problem with my s8+ and tom tom Go 50. I have tried everything you have tried as well with no success.

My Wife's iPhone works with the tom tom so I know the sat nav is working fine.

I posted a question on the forum however I haven't had any response.
  • jkallesjkalles Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I gave up a bought a Magellan...
  • Euana1Euana1 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I also have the same problem but on the go 600. However I unpaired my s8 and now when I go to repair the devices I get the message "Device not compatible". Very odd.
    Hey everybody I have Fixed it! To get the phone to reconnect to the sat nav you have to wipe the cache partition on the S8.

Details below:
    1. Turn off the device.
    2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
    3. When the Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
    4. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight “wipe cache partition.”
    5. Press the Power key to select.
    6. Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press the Power key to select.
    7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
    8. Press the Power key to restart the device.
    Something must go wrong between the update to Android 0. The phone now connects I will take it out later and double check the traffic works.

Let me know how you get on.
    Rebooted the Sat nav and I can confirm its now doing traffic correctly again! Just remember you enable Bluetooth tethering in the settings on the phone
  • ashwooiashwooi Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    I understood that manual clearing of cache was no longer an option after Oreo upgrade...am I wrong?
    I am oreo and I have done it successfully. I wasn't aware the option was being removed.
    Nothing happens when I hold the 3 buttons down
    With the phone turned off you need to press Bixby and volume up first and then while still holding them press and hold the power button. Keep holding them till a blue screen turns up this happens after the Samsung logo shows on the screen
    Thanks...managed that but still getting "Incompatible Device" message
    I got that the first time then I removed the device from the sat nav. Rebooted the phone and the sat nav and it readded the 2nd time
    Tried a couple of times....still no joy :(
    Sorry maybe TomTom will bring out an update to fix the route cause
    Cheers....thanks for your help anyway
  • 12342521234252 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I wonder if Tomtom will work on this issue... It seems that most people on Samsung Devices (Note 8 / S8(+) / S9(+) cannot connect internet services since the update to Android Oreo.
  • canapekarencanapekaren Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same here. Samsung S9 on Oreo. Shows as not compatible. Tried nwxan90 fix but no luck.
    Come on TomTom - please update us with recognition of the issue and a target fix date.
  • Sypher0nSypher0n Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I'm having the exact same issue. I really need to have traffic updates next week. Any updates on this TomTom?
  • BawBagBawBag Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem on my Galaxy S7, it is very annoying
  • IMAPOIIMAPOI Posts: 27 [Master Traveler]
    1+ Samsung s8
  • LeeIndianLeeIndian Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    They know it's a problem but given the time it's been around as an issue --4months. I think it unlikely they will spend the internal money on anything but the latest products. So all of us Samsung s7-s9 phones are out of luck. Only solution is to not buy TomTom products. Unfortunately I have an in built one in my Alfa which is also very poor.