Sports Connect takes forever to sync with Runner 2

FlorisMK
FlorisMK Registered Users Posts: 11
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Syncing between my Runner 2 and TomTom Sports Connect has slowed almost to a stand-still. It proceeds as I was used to, in seconds, until it hits Settings & Activityies at about two-thirds. Then it just seems to stop.

A while back, when this happened for the 1st time, I assumed the app had simply frozen, and I disconnected the phone unsafely. That unfroze the app, but gave me about seven copies of my most recent activity.

Now I just let it complete the sync. But it really does take forever. I've Googled for solutions, browsed the support pages, looked for other threads in the Community, and typed this entire message without Connect getting past Settings & Activities.

And of course, I can't do anything like look up the S/N for a support call, or perform a reset, or anything, really until it finishes syncing. And I've read in different threads that a reset only helps for a very little while.

Anyone have any suggestions/solutions for this?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    You may not want to hear it, but a reset is about the only option, along with uninstalling and reinstalling the app. You may also want to call Support, as there may be a server side issue that is holding it up.

The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

To get the number for Customer Support, select Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.