MyDrive route planning shows miles, not kilometres — TomTom Community

MyDrive route planning shows miles, not kilometres

CbournerCbourner Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
We don't use the imperial system in Australia, yet there seems no way to use kilometres in MyDrive in conjunction with my GO 620.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Troggy53Troggy53 Posts: 50 [Outstanding Explorer]
    On my Go 6000 it’s in the main Settings under the group “Language and Units”. There is a Units option which can be switched to one or other or Automatic based on GPS location. I use Auto as I go from UK to France so I don’t need to change it over.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,814
    Superuser
    @Cbourner

Change the units in settings within MyDrive as per78bae4b1-1c22-4b5a-b1d3-f3895229db92.jpg
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Cbourner wrote:
    We don't use the imperial system in Australia, ....
    31ca3725-c6db-4c35-9e97-1d3aea10ce78.jpg
  • CbournerCbourner Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    MyDrive for Android looks very different to the image you provided and there is no such option available. If there was I would have already tried that ...
    You never mentioned Android before. Should we guess?
    Sorry, I didn't expect that to be such a differentiator.

So, yes, it's Android, and there appears to be no setting to change the units.

Am I missing something or is this just how it is?
    Cbourner wrote:
    ..., and there appears to be no setting to change the units.
    Yes, there is none.
    I think the units depend on the phone settings and/or location information.
    Unfortunately that does not seem to be the case; my phone is set to Metric units, and the location is Australia, which uses the Metric system almost exclusively, including for travel distances.
    EthoZ wrote:
    Cbourner wrote:
    ..., and there appears to be no setting to change the units.
    Yes, there is none.
    I think the units depend on the phone settings and/or location information.
    Do not select English (United Kingdom) as the default language but a country with metric system.

8ae98479-eed5-4ed2-9e3c-b896f9a3e97b.jpga325c9cf-a403-4a95-aa18-b088fc020671.jpg
    There is no option to choose the language in the Android version. My phone has all Australian regional and language settings, yet miles is the selected unit.

I should point out that all other applications on my phone are fully aware of where I am and they use the correct units.

Basically this was a bad choice for an Android user in Australia.
    Cbourner wrote:
    There is no option to choose the language in the Android version.
    It depends on the phone settings !!!
    Try some other countries.

09e9c0c7-e80c-45c3-86b3-4f9ade0557e8.jpg
    Indeed, but as I am in Australia, I don't want to set my phone to the wrong country.

That is not a reasonable requirement.

I think I must conclude that the software is not suitable for Australia.
  • sfabsfab Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    My routes in MyDrive are also shown in miles on my Android (Samsung Galaxy A5 A520F), apparently without being influenced by the language setting (tried English-New Zealand, German-Germany, Czech-Czech Republic). Does anyone have an idea?
  • sfabsfab Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Sorry, do not kill me....
    Thank you for your information, that there is no way, how to influence the units used in My Route list....
    I did not understand it from the previous discussion.