Incessant charging? — TomTom Community

Incessant charging?

mhowiemhowie Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
edited January 2019 in Golfer & Golfer 2
Has anyone else encountered a situation where their Golfer or Golfer 2 watch keeps charging and charging and charging...only to never fully charge? My watch recently started exhibiting this characteristic. I've performed a factory reset but that didn't rectify. This started recently- previously it would charge normally and within a reasonable amount of time finish charging and show the watch screen when complete.

Comments

• MoraviaMoravia Posts: 20 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Fortunately no. Try to charge it by wall outlet charger with high current. I use mine (2,4 A) and it is charged quickly and so far without any problem.

If it won't help it can be crashed battery :-( How old is your device? No idea what is the lifetime of battery (how many cycles is OK). Also I am not sure if you can easily change the battery. The case seems to be compact one with no chance to open it ...
  • mhowiemhowie Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    Unfortunately it’s only about five months old. I’m awaiting a response from TomTom Support as after fully charging the battery depletes in less than an hour while on the course. This, obviously, renders the watch useless for its intended purpose. I’m extremely disappointed in the TomTom product for it to have failed like this so quickly.
  • MoraviaMoravia Posts: 20 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Ok, then this is not normal state and in your case that is failed piece which must be solved through warranty. Hope it will be fast process.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,160
    Community Manager
    Jürgen wrote:
    In addition to the factory reset which was already performed?
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,160
    Community Manager
    mhowie wrote:
    In addition to the factory reset which was already performed?

Yes. A factory reset formats the watch. A power-off reset restarts the drivers.
    Jürgen wrote:

"Yes. A factory reset formats the watch. A power-off reset restarts the drivers."

Aha. Thanks. Good to know for future reference. I say future as I'm sending this watch back to TomTom for an exchange. I'm afraid however, it might be firmware related as I've also noticed the battery is draining even when not in GPS (golf course) mode and when in the "airport" setting. My watch was fully charged at 6am this morning and the battery depleted by 1pm when only being used as a traditional watch...