start 52 still wont let me go over new runcorn bridge — TomTom Community

start 52 still wont let me go over new runcorn bridge

rayhopleyrayhopley Posts: 43 [Master Explorer]
edited January 2019 in Map quality
have yet again updated today and my start 52 still wants to take me over the old bridge which is closed and still doesnt allow me to take the new bridge.

i have reset to factory setting aswell

Comments

• MegalosMegalos Posts: 6,072
    Superusers
    Which map version are you using? For me the routing is correct with the latest map (v1005).
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,053
    Superusers
    Hi
    @ray h
    With Live Traffic turned ON, my GO 520 calculates the route across the Mersey Gateway Bridge
    If I turn OFF Live Traffic on my GO 520 the route gets calculated across the old Queensway Bridge....

4154dfd4-2a7a-44a9-bfc1-f57b9b56270a.jpg
    The Start 52 Doesn't have live Traffic
    Maybe this is what is causing your problem ???

A work around if the device refuses to use the Mersey Gateway Bridge
    Place an extra sacrificial stop on the Mersey Gateway Bridge approach ramp the route then gets calculated across the Mersey Gateway Bridge

728e1d24-edb0-465c-816d-be9f1c85a98e.jpg
    ATB YFM
  • GrahamFrGrahamFr Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    In theory I changed the route to use the new gateway bridge from N Wales to John Lennon airport, by putting "road blocked" (no entry symbol) on the old Runcorn bridge. No way did it want to play, still tried taking the old route and when we eventually got to the new bridge, it kept telling us to turn off and go back. This was the case all the way and at the airport it was still telling us to turn around and go back. Return journey was just as bad. Another occasion, we turned off the A55 on to the coast road because of accident and it wouldn't recalculate route, just kept telling us to go back. This unit is absolute rubbish compared to my old, now unsupported 630 and is being returned to Amazon for refund.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,053
    Superusers
    Hi
    @GrahamFr
    It looks like....
    Tomtom are using Live Traffic markers to show the Queesnsway Bridge as Closed

My Live Devices show the access roads to the Queesnsway Bridge as Closed
    4b2b977b-b978-417b-bbbb-e620d9e48f18.png
    My Start 60 (Not Live) Shows the Queesnsway Bridge as Open
    998ecaa7-421a-44eb-99da-919b3ac4b865.png
    Therefore a NONE Live device will think Queesnsway Bridge is Available

A workaround if the device refuses to use the Mersey Gateway Bridge
    See.... The post above your post

ATB YFM
    My old non-live device worked fine and I expect this one to do the same. Some of us don't have/don't want smart phones and expect a device we buy to work as described. The Runcorn bridge was just one example of it getting lost. Have already contacted Amazon to return it and I'm looking at Garmin models.
  • rayhopleyrayhopley Posts: 43 [Master Explorer]
    updated again on friday and still wont take the new bridge and diverts to old bridge tomtom you product and services are now becoming a joke
    My problem solved, sent the TomTom back and bought a Garmin which performs brilliantly and updates traffic without smartphone connection.