Cracked screen on the watch - Repair — TomTom Community

Cracked screen on the watch - Repair

Tanya1Tanya1 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
Hi All

My watch fell off my wrist due to a faulty strap and my screen ended up cracking.
Will Tom Tom repair this free of charge considering it is my second strap replacement and so therefore their fault.

Please advise. I reside in South Africa.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,326
    Superusers
    TomTom does not offer a repair service and glass breakage is not covered under warranty. You cannot buy the glass and repair it yourself either. You should call Customer Support and see if they can help you with a discount on a replacement device or other option. Proving that the breakage was the fault of the strap may be difficult but you can make the case and see what they say. To get the number, choose Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • RadimKorinekRadimKorinek Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hello everyone. I cracked partially cover glass in my SPark 3 watch, Display works perfectly. I would like to ask if my Spark 3 are still waterproof or not. Is anyone there with same think? Thanks for reaction.
    Superusers
    Hello everyone. I cracked partially cover glass in my SPark 3 watch, Display works perfectly. I would like to ask if my Spark 3 are still waterproof or not. Is anyone there with same think? Thanks for reaction.

Probably not and I would not risk it.
  • LeonMLMLeonMLM Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi everyone. Same occured to me.

The glass of my TomTom Adventurer watch cracked at one of the corners and I don´t think I want to risk it and swim with it in this condition.

I have spoken with TomTom Support today and they have confirmed that no support is available for this.

This is very annoying as my watch is less than 4 years old and it seems I won´t be able to swim with it anymore. Very frustrating for a product that cost 250 pounds in Christmas 2016-2017.

Not a good customer support service from TomTom for the Sport Watch customers, which I believe are quite a few around the world, even pro athletes...
    Superusers
    LeonMLM wrote: »

The glass of my TomTom Adventurer watch cracked at one of the corners and I don´t think I want to risk it and swim with it in this condition.

I have spoken with TomTom Support today and they have confirmed that no support is available for this.

This is very annoying as my watch is less than 4 years old and it seems I won´t be able to swim with it anymore. Very frustrating for a product that cost 250 pounds in Christmas 2016-2017.

Not a good customer support service from TomTom for the Sport Watch customers, which I believe are quite a few around the world, even pro athletes...

There are very few TT watch customers left (and certainly no pros if there ever even were) considering that TT Sports went out of business over 2.5 years ago and discontinued all products at that time. Frankly, 4 years is a pretty good life for what was considered a bargain watch. There are plenty of brands out there with better feature sets for less money these day
  • LeonMLMLeonMLM Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    tfarabaugh wrote: »
    LeonMLM wrote: »

There are very few TT watch customers left (and certainly no pros if there ever even were) considering that TT Sports went out of business over 2.5 years ago and discontinued all products at that time. Frankly, 4 years is a pretty good life for what was considered a bargain watch. There are plenty of brands out there with better feature sets for less money these day

Thank you for your comment!

I just feel abandoned by TT. The fact that TT Watches were cheaper than others does not mean that a customer should consider 4 years enough time to buy a new one, because there is no TT support service available for the product.

In my opinion this is a very poor customer service strategy.

Anyway, there is nothing I can do but either buy a new watch, or not use it for swimming.

What I can confirm is that I won´t be buying anymore TT products and of course will advise others to not do it either.

In regards to pro athletes using TT watches, I recall a spanish triathlete called Saleta Castro that used one. She might have a different one now.