DESTROYED STRAP AGAIN

takis1966
takis1966 Registered Users Posts: 7
Master Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hello to everybody.
It is the second time in one year i have the same problem.
I bought my tomtom runner2 watch in 7/3/2017 and the strap was destroyed in 6/8/2017. That means after 5 months. Tomtom support service provided me with a new strap which i received it in 17/8/2017. Yesterday 22/3/2018 after 7 months and though i have stopped running for about two months after a sixty minute run and a shower the strap was cut and destroyed in three different places.!!!
My question is : is it normal for a strap to last only 5 - 6 months???
and Do you Know if there is a good quality stap for totom watch that will last more than a year???
The first strap was replaced by tomtom. Now if i have to spend 30-40 euros for the strap i would like to spend them in a good quality strap!

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 17,004
     Superuser
    TomTom will continue to replace the straps for free. Either use the self-service site in the link below or call Customer support and they will take care of it, they are very good about replacing them. To get the number for Customer Support, choose Contact at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen). The best way to avoid damaging the strap is to not take the watch out of the strap when charging. It is designed so that the dock slips between the watch and the band which limits the amount of twisting. Also, when taking it on and off do not yank on the strap, pull it gently to the desired tightness then snap it in place, which puts less stress on rubber.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/strap_repair
  • takis1966
    Master Traveler
    THANKS a lot tfarabaugh.
    how do i mark it???
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    takis1966 wrote:
    THANKS a lot tfarabaugh.
    how do i mark it???
    It appears someone did it already, so you are all set.
  • fedupcustomer
    fedupcustomer Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    I have had 5 straps brake within the first 2 1/2 years of use. All were replaced without question as it is a known issue until today when I was told my "watch" was out of the two year warranty. This is despite them previously sending me the last two straps outside the two year warranty period! Apparently the replacement genuineTomTom straps do not carry any warranty either! This is a disgraceful way to treat loyal customers.
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    I have had 5 straps brake within the first 2 1/2 years of use. All were replaced without question as it is a known issue until today when I was told my "watch" was out of the two year warranty. This is despite them previously sending me the last two straps outside the two year warranty period! Apparently the replacement genuineTomTom straps do not carry any warranty either! This is a disgraceful way to treat loyal customers.
    The replacement straps have a 6 month warranty but replacement is at the discretion of TT since the device itself is out of warranty. 5 straps in 2.5 years seems excessive so I can see why they are not supplying any more. I am still on my first strap with daily use in the same amount if time. The best way to avoid damaging the strap is to not take the watch out of the strap when charging. It is designed so that the dock slips between the watch and the band which limits the amount of twisting. Also, when taking it on and off do not yank on the strap, pull it gently to the desired tightness then snap it in place, which puts less stress on rubber.
  • takis1966
    Master Traveler
    Last week i received the third replacement strap from Tomtom. That means 4 straps in 19 months. Tomtom service really replaced my damaged straps immediately. BUT. the quality of the straps is really pretty bad! it has nothing to do with the way you treat or you take care of the strap! It's just completely bad quality! I have a 50 euro cheap chrono watch and the strap is the same more than eight years. My friends i run with, have gp watches (i dont mention the brand) they never had strap problem. So it is all about the quality of the straps. Here in Greece tomtom is not selling anymore and i can not find not a single tomtom strap to buy.
    The u.k tomtom is not selling in greece. I really appreciate the tomtom customer care service. They replaced my strap three times. But in my question to suggest me a good quality tomtom strap and where can i buy it from they have never answered to me.
    the last strap they sent me is exactly the same with the one before and i am sure about the time it will last.
    With all the respect to customer service honestly, can somebody inform about my question?
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    takis1966 wrote:
    Last week i received the third replacement strap from Tomtom. That means 4 straps in 19 months. Tomtom service really replaced my damaged straps immediately. BUT. the quality of the straps is really pretty bad! it has nothing to do with the way you treat or you take care of the strap! It's just completely bad quality! I have a 50 euro cheap chrono watch and the strap is the same more than eight years. My friends i run with, have gp watches (i dont mention the brand) they never had strap problem. So it is all about the quality of the straps. Here in Greece tomtom is not selling anymore and i can not find not a single tomtom strap to buy.
    The u.k tomtom is not selling in greece. I really appreciate the tomtom customer care service. They replaced my strap three times. But in my question to suggest me a good quality tomtom strap and where can i buy it from they have never answered to me.
    the last strap they sent me is exactly the same with the one before and i am sure about the time it will last.
    With all the respect to customer service honestly, can somebody inform about my question?
    This is a user forum, not a customer support line, there is no one from TT here. You would need to call Support directly to speak to someone. As to your question,. the TT straps are all there are (the knockoffs are even worse). Ask Support to send out a different style strap (there are several).
  • Niall
    Niall Posts: 11,174
    Superuser
    @takis1966

:flag_gr: Eλλάδα (Greece)
    Monday - Friday: 10:30 to 14:30
  • kernowkid
    kernowkid Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Anyone know when straps will be available to buy on the tom tom website. There's only a couple available with everything else 'available soon'.

I've trawled the web for a new strap and they're really hard to find
  • Niall
    Niall Posts: 11,174
    Superuser
    @kernowkid

Unfortunately do not think that they will be back :(
    Confirm availability with Customer Services

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • kernowkid
    kernowkid Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    thanks Niall, If I can't get a replacement strap then it's time to jump the tom tom ship which is a shame as I really like the watch