Music trouble/tracking miles

Mrb2121
Mrb2121 Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I paired my tom tom headset to my spark3. However, when I run the music cuts in and out. It only works well if I hold my arm up to my ear and I keep my arm still.

Secondly, I am busting my butt to run again. I know it sounds stupid to only be a mile but its been 12 years since I ran and I miss it. So I'm determined to get myself healthy again and get back to my love of running. So I've run a mile according to my treadmill but my spark 3 is only showing .4 miles. Any idea with what's going on? This happened last night as well and I'm feeling frustrated with it.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,932
    Superuser
    Music dropouts are very common as the watch has a very small transmitter (limited by law) and every time your body gets between it and the antenna in the headphones it blocks it. The only thing to do is to make sure the watch is on the same side of the body as the headphone antenna (which is usually in the control pod but you may need to check with the manufacturer). Wear it on that wrist and it should improve but it will not be perfect, the technology is simply not there yet.

For the treadmill it uses an assumed stride length times the number of arms swings it counts and can be quite inaccurate if you stop moving your arms (by resting them on the treadmill, holding a remote control, taking a drink, etc.). Plus your stride length may be outside the averages (you can't change it). When you are done with your run it will prompt you to adjust the distance, just change it to what the treadmill says. The treadmill may not be perfect but they are generally in the ballpark.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.