transfer favorites- create/remove duplicates?

kanjo33
kanjo33 Registered Users Posts: 18
Outstanding Wayfarer
edited December 2021 in Devices using MyDrive Connect
I have 2 VIA1535s. i want to transfer favorites from unit A to unit B, and I think I can figure out how. However, unit B already has some favorites on it, some of which are identical to some on unit A. Will the transfer duplicate them, or replace them? If the answer is 'duplicate' then I first of course want to delete all favorites from unit B. Is there a method to do a mass delete if needed?
Thanks for any advice !

Comments

• dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,382
    Superuser
    I don't think there is a way to mass delete favourites. Wish there were. (Actually, a factory reset deletes them all at once but don't know if that's what you are looking for......)
  • kanjo33
    kanjo33 Registered Users Posts: 18
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Thanks for your input, dhn. FYI; Today i decided i would risk it, load the 'favorites.ov2' file (created from Unit A) onto unit B, and then go in and delete the duplicates on Unit B.

To my absolute delight, when it goes to load onto Unit B it says something like: "favorites.ov2 already exists on device. Do you wish to replace it?" Of course the answer is 'yes'. Therefore, no duplicates!

Problem solved ...Woo-hoo !!
  • dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,382
    Superuser
    Ah, that's different. Your favourites were in the form of a poi file. As you found out, the answer is indeed 'yes' :grin:

Sorry for the confusion.