Golfer endlessly trying to update course — TomTom Community

Golfer endlessly trying to update course

ken_iken_i Posts: 8 [Master Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Golfer & Golfer 2
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me out here.

I have just connected my Golfer purchased at Christmas to TomTom connect and am continually faced with 'Update Courses'. The watch never appears to complete this as every time I connect i get the same message.

I've tried the factory reset and still have the same problem, getting a little monotonous and frustrating now

Any help welcome

Comments

• JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,599
    Community Manager
    Hi Ken,

I have just tried this with my Golfer 1 and both, the regular course update as part of connecting to TomTom Sports Connect and the global course update worked.

In the incident that you opened with Customer Support you write that you can not access the settings in Sport Connect to do a reset. Can you follow the steps in this FAQ to force the watch into recovery mode?
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17393#factory-reset-in-recovery

Greetings,
    Jürgen
  • ken_iken_i Posts: 8 [Master Traveler]
    Hi Jürgen, thanks for the help. Have managed a factory reset now and courses updated.
    Haven't managed to sync down scorecard of last round yet though
    Community Manager
    Hi Ken,

Good to hear that the courses are now up-to-date.

I'm afraid that scorecard is lost unless you see it as an activity in the Sports mobile app. Sports Connect on your computer is not able to upload rounds. So you will have to pair your Golfer to your phone rather than your Runner 2 / Spark watch.

Can I ask Customer Support to close the incident you opened with them?

Thanks,
    Jürgen

P.S.: Edited 22.03.2018 09:30
    Hi Jürgen,
    All sorted, thank you
  • AllanD71AllanD71 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I’m having a similar issue. Had to reset my watch and when it starts updating golf courses, it gets to around 60% then stops! I’m using windows 7 home edition...any ideas how to solve this?....thanks in advance.
    Community Manager
    AllanD71 wrote:
    I’m having a similar issue. Had to reset my watch and when it starts updating golf courses, it gets to around 60% then stops! I’m using windows 7 home edition...any ideas how to solve this?....thanks in advance.
    Can you try another reset in the settings of Sports Connect? The problem reported in this thread is caused by fragmentation of the watch memory. A reset formats the memory.
    so the first time i reconnect watch after a while and we're back to the endlessly trying to update courses.

Done a reset and same thing happens.

This is the worst product i have ever bought!