Change voice on PEUGEOT 3D CONNECTED NAVIGATION — TomTom Community

Change voice on PEUGEOT 3D CONNECTED NAVIGATION

tonylancastertonylancaster Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Built in car navigation
Firstly i have to record that This TomTom site is beyond question the most frustrating, anger making unhelpful, in fact shameful excuse for customer service i have ever encountered. Trying to make contact is impossible, all you can get is a menu system and FAQs. My own in car system is not recognised anywhere on the site. Beyond unbelievably bad, beyond unacceptable. Rant over, though not my feeling of resentment, anger, fury, disappointment and disbelief at such shoddy crappy service. Oh I am still ranting...

Actual question: can I change or acquire an alternative voice for my system. Naturally Peugeot don't know.

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,879
    Superuser
    @tonylancaster

Contact Customer Services (but do NOT say which device you have till you are talking to a real person) to check which voices are available

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • tonylancastertonylancaster Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    That's very helpful - thanks Niall
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,879
    Superuser
    @tonylancaster

Glad to be of help, hope you get the 'voice' you want
  • gwatukgwatuk Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @tonylancaster did you solve the problem?
    (My wife wants a male voice!)
    :smile:
  • tonylancastertonylancaster Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    No! Spent what felt like half my life on three phone to TomTom - much of which was to persuade them that this Peugeot product even exists!! - so long story short there is no alternative voice available, which is pretty poor I have to say. The whole Peugeot system is beyond crappy. At first use it seems good, even excitingly high-tech but you quickly realise the system has incredibly poor logic, the menu system is the worst example of GUI I have ever seen. When you finally find what you want, two seconds later you can't find it again because it was located entirely randomly. And where you want control there is none. For example I don't need or want the gear I am in displayed (it's an automatic) but I can't do anything about that, can't for example have distance til empty or the time where I want it. Style over content.
  • gwatukgwatuk Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @tonylancaster Thanks for the reply.
    We've just bought a new Peugeot 208.
    We paid £500 for "Peugeot 3D Connected Navigation".
    I am appalled by it - one of the most UNintuitive interfaces I have ever encountered.
    Basic features that our old cheap (basic) TomTom satnav has are missing.
    But this Peugeot thing is built by TomTom!
    As you've confirmed only one voice.
    No over-speed warning even though it displays the speed limit zone that you're in.
    Etc etc

What really annoys me is that the hardware is already in the car. So we've paid £500 just for this rubbish software.
    And despite being called "Connected" as far as I can tell so far it is not showing real time traffic info etc. You have to pay another £250 for that!