We have released a new firmware version 1.2.110 for the GOLFER 2 watch — TomTom Community

We have released a new firmware version 1.2.110 for the GOLFER 2 watch

VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,906 Moderator
edited January 2019 in Golfer & Golfer 2
Hello everyone,

We are happy to announce the release of the new update for the Golfer 2 software version 1.2.110.

Whats new?

Various performance improvements and error fixes have been implemented.

Thank you and happy golfing
Vikram :)

Comments

• MrT0mBMrT0mB Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Do we have full release notes?
  • bobhope10bobhope10 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My watch wont update to new firmware! Why please and how?
  • MoraviaMoravia Posts: 20 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Facing the same problem as bobhope10 - after connecting to PC the watch is only charging and none firmware update is offered. It seems it is not officially released yet and we need wait a couple of hours.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,781
    Community Manager
    @Moravia
    This is strange. The software has been released to 100%. Are you sure the watch is fully connected to the computer? Is Sports Connect opening at all? If not, can you push it a bit more firmly into the dock?

@bobhope10
    What are the first two letters of your serial number?
    Community Manager
    MrT0mB wrote:
    Do we have full release notes?
    This release includes improvements regarding the update of all golf courses. Nothing visible to the end user, though.
    Hello Jürgen,
    the watch is connected properly - courses update is processing, charging too. But the firmware is kept untouched (still on 1.2.103 version) which is really strange.
    For all cases I tried it on another PC but the result is the same. Maybe the watch is waiting for some trigger from Sports Connect which is hidden for me.
    If needed I can post you in PM some screenshots.
    Thanks so far for your help.
  • mhowiemhowie Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    Mine isn't updating either. Stuck on 1.2.103.
    Community Manager
    I don't have my work laptop with me over the weekend. We need to wait until Monday when I have access to the Sports back-end. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Factory reset my Golfer 2 watch this afternoon due to its battery draining in under an hour after a full charge. Don't know if this will rectify that problem but found it interesting that when the watch was updated with its software, full course download, etc., it didn't automatically get upgraded with the latest software. Once again, I still have 1.2.103.
    Community Manager
    I have now escalated this. There is no need to try a reset. You can't fix it from your side, it's our call.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
    Hello, independently of last Jürgen post I did the factory reset too and the result is the same as mhowie's. Still hanging on 1.2.103.

So we need to wait for support advice.
    Community Manager
    Update: This build is currently not offered to Golfer 2 SE watches (serial numbers starting with HQ). The cause of this has been identified and we are working on a solution.
    Community Manager
    @Moravia, @mhowie,
    You should now be offered the new software build. After installing the new build, please update all courses using TomTom Sports Connect.

@bobhope10
    If your watch serial number starts with HQ, the same should apply to you.
    @mhowie,
    You should now be offered the new software build. After installing the new build, please update all courses using TomTom Sports Connect.

Thanks. Once I receive my replacement watch back from TomTom I will attempt to update to this firmware revision.

I wonder if firmware might be the cause of the rapid battery drainage issue from which my Golfer 2 SE was suffering?
    Community Manager
    mhowie wrote:
    I wonder if firmware might be the cause of the rapid battery drainage issue from which my Golfer 2 SE was suffering?
    No we have no indication that there is an issue. It can occur when an update does not install properly. But after the factory reset that should have been fixed.
    Jürgen wrote:
    @Moravia, @mhowie,

Hello Jürgen, in my case is everything OK right. I am now running on new firmware version 1.2.110. Thank a lot for your support and problem resolution!
    Wanted to note I received my replacement Golfer 2 SE and, upon plugging into the computer and registering the unit, a watch update was performed which brought the firmware up to version 1.2.110.

Hopefully the rapid battery draining issue doesn't return!
  • khyeopkhyeop Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Serial Number HP3276GXXXXX
    Software 1.2.110
    Problem battery draining overnight even when watch is put in flight mode.
    This happens after I updated to the new software.

I have performed hard reset twice already. Problem still exist.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,088 Moderator
    Hi khyeop,

Welcome to the Community!

This seems to me a hardware issue with the watch. Please get in touch with our customer support and they'll be able to assist you further in this case.

You can click on the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of this page to Phone/Email them.

Thanks, lampard
  • AholtAholt Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    This update has messed up my watch every time I sync to my phone all the scores come up wrong on the app there is loads of people with the same problem ( shots missing off app when syneced back to phone) any update if you know about this and are fixing it???
  • Broonie190487Broonie190487 Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Aholt wrote:
    This update has messed up my watch every time I sync to my phone all the scores come up wrong on the app there is loads of people with the same problem ( shots missing off app when syneced back to phone) any update if you know about this and are fixing it???
    I have notied this same problem and it is very frustrating as the app for post game analysis is now completely useless. Not only for the round you try to sync but then your overall analysis/ultimate round etc its all impacted too as you have to just delete the round due to the scores being completely wrong. It seems that any shots manually added i.e. putts etc are ignored and it only scores based on autodetected swings. [user=93]Jürgen[/user] is this known to developers and being resolved?