Updates to TOMTOM GO 530 — TomTom Community

Updates to TOMTOM GO 530

When I purchased my TOMTOM m530 it came with a lifetime guarantee of updates. Sincé the beginning of 2018 the website is trying to sell me a new device i dont need and does not update the maps and other information. This is a crlear breach of contract by TOMTOM. How can I get my device to update?

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,431
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Pedro F Santamaria Grant
    Tomtom have already stated that Lifetime Maps and any existing Map Subscriptions will be honoured

See VikramK Post (TomTom Staff) Here....
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/news-and-announcements-37/end-of-life-device-with-lifetime-maps-1032484/index1.html#post1207861

If you have Lifetime Maps or an existing Map Subscriptions Call Tomtom Support...

When calling... When prompted by the Auto Response System DO NOT provide your Tomtom model information, wait for a live agent to respond

:flag_es: España (Spain)
    Lunes-Viernes: 09:00-17:30

ATB YFM
  • Pedro F Santamaria GrantPedro F Santamaria Grant Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    I tried contactin TOMTOM, and was simply told that the lifetime guarantee was the life time of the service they offered not of the device or the owner! So no lifetime guarantee at all. I also have a separate Maps subscription and that is no longer updating either. So no lifetime there either.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,902 Moderator
    Hi Pedro

I had a look at your contact history but I don't see any incident number.

With regards to what lifetime means please see this FAQ
    I also have a separate Maps subscription and that is no longer updating either. So no lifetime there either.

Which map subscription are you talking about here? Because at the moment there is no active subscription on your account.

Regards
    Vikram
  • Pedro F Santamaria GrantPedro F Santamaria Grant Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    I have the NW europe maps. To install them i had to add a memory card to the 530. This worked perfectly until TomTom stopped updating this year.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,902 Moderator
    Hi Pedro

The Western Europe map which you mention was a single map v8.60, it looks that you are trying to confuse it with map update service.

I have reactivated the map for you, not the latest but an upgraded version than v8.60. You can download it using TomTom HOME.

Note: It's not a map update service so if you wish to stay on the latest map then I would advise that you upgrade your device.

Regards
    Vikram