Battery & Pairing issues — TomTom Community

Battery & Pairing issues

yodanny98yodanny98 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited November 2018 in Runner & Multi-Sport
So I had been following the Battery & Pairing issue but stopped. I was hoping they would fix issue fixed by now, but as far as I see no updates to improve battery or paring. It is hard to recommend something thay does not work the way you need. The watch has become a watch for begining runners not long distance runners. Can we change the battery on watch?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,677
    Superusers
    You cannot change the battery and that would not fix the battery issues, which is a software issue not a problem with the actual battery. They do not sell the battery and do not offer a replacement service. You could crack the watch open, figure out the battery type and replace it yourself but you would void the warranty and likely the waterproofing.

The watch was always designed for beginning runners, not long distance runners. the market was always the casual athlete who is looking fro a straightforward, simple solution with little in customization or advanced features. Nothing is going to change that, particularly as TT has left the wearables market and is not producing any new devices.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • yodanny98yodanny98 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks I never had any issues before using for long distance till 2017. Thanks for your input definitely bummed nothing can be done.