Editing a route in MyDrive — TomTom Community

Editing a route in MyDrive

grahamb1grahamb1 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
I've created a route in MyDrive and I want to edit it. I've tried right clicking on the section of route I want to change and dragging it to the new route, but the whole map moves and the route remains the same. What should I do?

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,417
    Superusers
    Hi
    @grahamb1
    Left Click and Drag...
    Left or Right Clicking will give different Functions and different Menu options

ATB YFM
  • grahamb1grahamb1 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks, YamFazMan (I assume you're a Yamaha Fazer owner - nice bike!)

I misreported the problem. I selected the route from My Routes, clicked on 'edit', zoomed in on the section I wanted to change and I did left click and drag (not right click as I said before), but the whole map moved, rather than the section of route I wanted to change. I've spent so much time trying to sort this out. If I had any hair I would have pulled it all out by now!
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,417
    Superusers
    Hi
    @grahamb1
    Yes the Fazer FZS600s (Red the fastest colour)

Edit... See Note (1)
    (1)... Select required Route
    (2)... Click on 'Edit Route'
    (3)... Hover Mouse pointer over the route until a white dot appears on the route

21d10b10-f075-4723-a4da-26d52c7435cf.png
    (4)... Left Click mouse... Drag route to suit

Note(1)
    Looks like there have been some changes or something is wrong ???
    I can't recall an announcement

I'm Using the latest Firefox 59.0.1 (64bit) I find...

Left Mouse Click Drag ---> Moves the Map
    Right Mouse Click Drag -> Rotates the Map and Changes the viewing angle ie... 2D/3D

I have found if you hold down the (Keyboard Shift key) then Left Mouse Click and Drag a dotted adjustable square box appears with a Cross-hair '+' sign in the lower left corner and the route will drag, its quite slow to respond but if you place the '+'sign where you want the route to go the route will eventually snap to the new route, but I find it's VERY difficult to control

Note(2) The Cross-hair '+' sign switches to different corners of the dotted box depending on the direction of drag

ATB YFM
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    YamFazMan wrote:
    (1)... Select required Route
    (2)... Click on 'Edit Route'
    (3)... Hover Mouse pointer over the route until a white dot appears on the route

21d10b10-f075-4723-a4da-26d52c7435cf.png
    (4)... Left Click mouse... Drag route to suit
    For me it only works with Firefox ... not with Internet Explorer and not with Edge.
    In the last two, not only the map is moved, but also a waypoint inserted at the "Left Click" position.
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    YamFazMan wrote:
    Right Mouse Click Drag -> Rotates and Changes the Inclination of the Map
    Pitch and bear

31492e69-8205-4d25-adf6-e9fe1439acbc.jpg
  • grahamb1grahamb1 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for all the useful comments. I recently switched to Microsoft Edge browser. I've just gone back to Chrome and all is well. Happy Days!!!