TomTom map wrong since last update

Jochen_Hög
Jochen_Hög Registered Users Posts: 6
Master Explorer
edited January 2019 in Devices using MyDrive Connect
hello!

since the last map update two days ago (lifetime maps) my tomtom wants to go directly trough the vinennese woods called "LOBAU" ... i cant report online because the map here in the map share reporter does not show the footpath which my tomtom 6000 wants to go.

how and where can i report this failure? it is a bit of a shame that since a map update the route (ensured car options, not bike or walk) goes directly through a saved nature or biosphere park ....

cheers from vienna,
jochen!

Comments

• Jochen_Hög
    Master Explorer
    I've been reporting this directly on my TT GO, several times, with the acknowledge message that my change will be reported and deployed within the next updates ... havent received anything yet. Is this kind a system really working? It is toally anoying that my TT wants to route trough the woods on going to work or back home because this jungle route is of course free of traffic.... :( ....
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer]
    [Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321
    Supreme Navigator
    43753281-4ce9-4129-b19a-3cca926cacdc.jpgcc971a59-4363-4762-8638-04c16c14ebe9.jpge5b53e8f-1b3a-4ef9-9373-50ac785fded1.jpg
  • Jochen_Hög
    Master Explorer
    thanks! danke!!

which device and what map version is this? welcher TT und welche karte ist das?

btw, same discussion to be found here with some different users ;)

http://www.meintomtom.de/forum/index.php?/topic/51527-seit-update-auf-europe-v10058757-routet-tt-go-6000-durch-das-naturschutzgebiet-lobau/

cheers, jochen!
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer]
    Supreme Navigator
    Go Mobile v10.05
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer]
    Supreme Navigator
    A different destination:

a6ce0329-aad4-43bf-ab92-c241c28b3a5d.jpgf7631ec7-507e-4ec9-bc82-081396e30c10.jpg
  • Jochen_Hög
    Master Explorer
    hi there!

thanks and oh yes, not only me!! ;) ....

depending on the traffic around there, and there are many, many bottlenecks, your TT wants to go trough the wood too....

i've been reporting this issue several times by my TT and by the map share reporter but haven't received a map share update yet containing a correction....

maybe we should all report together and stress the map share server to get faster response :yum::smiling_imp: .....

cheers, jochen!!
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer]
    Supreme Navigator
    Map Share (download) can not block roads. This must be done by a map update or (Live) Traffic.
  • Jochen_Hög
    Master Explorer
    EthoZ wrote:
    Map Share (download) can not block roads. This must be done by a map update or (Live) Traffic.

hi again!

ok, thats new to me! i thought all changes on roads, new turning rules, directions or blocks can be reported live by using TT context menu on the road and then send it directly (TT 6000 with SIM card) and then after checking by tomtom guys its deployed by map share downloads on the computer and put to TT by USB cable ...

years ago on my TT 930T i had the option to block roads directly locally which was a functionality i loved very much because with it i could manage my TT to go very good insider roads from our house to the main road.... ;)

cheers, jochen!
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer]
    Supreme Navigator
    a39d16a3-1b68-4463-b97f-46dce1d929cf.jpg
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,826
     Superuser
    Hi
    Quote Jochen_Hög
    Ok, that's new to me! i thought all changes on roads, new turning rules, directions or blocks can be reported live by using TT context menu on the road and then send it directly (TT 6000 with SIM card) and then after checking by tomtom guys its deployed by map share downloads on the computer and put to TT by USB cable ...

years ago on my TT 930T i had the option to block roads directly locally which was a functionality i loved very much because with it i could manage my TT to go very good insider roads from our house to the main road.... ;)
    cheers, jochen!
    Being able to use personal changes and unverified other user changes to the device was stopped by Tomtom shortly after the launch of the NAV4 models

Only data verified by Tomtom can be used and the changes must be done by a map update or (Live) Traffic.

ATB YFM
  • Jochen_Hög
    Master Explorer
    hello again!

@YamFazMan: i think it is totally ok that nothing unverified is stpread to the community... if i remember it right there was a setting, where i could choose, which changes from others i like to use, from all unverified to checked only or so .... no worries about removing unverified from others, i'm just missing my own local changes ....

@EthoZ: as i see on your map, you've been reporting my issue too, thanks a lot!! but how could you mark the blocked road? a few days ago the map share reporter did not show up the road anyhow! now i see the road but can't drag or drop the pin there... it tells me there is no road ....

cheers, jochen!

2556a012-c205-4eb1-9207-445cf404e3f5.jpg