Watch won't pair with iPhone 8 after TomTom Update — TomTom Community

Watch won't pair with iPhone 8 after TomTom Update

SeaLoozie483SeaLoozie483 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Golfer & Golfer 2
I have successfully used my TT Golf watch for 2 years, first with an iPhone6 and now with an iPhone 8, both without any problems, until a TomTom Update.

Now, upon trying to pair the watch and my iPhone and after several days of trying, following FAQS and Video instructions step by step, all goes well EXCEPT, after the Phone "sees" the Watch, clicking on the "Devices Found" new entry, that then brings up the PIN on the watch, but then there is no where shown on the iPhone App in which I can enter that PIN.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing incorrectly?
Thanks!
Dan

Comments

• JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,568
    Community Manager
    Hi Dan,

Have you made the iPhone forget the watch? Go to Settings in iOS > Bluetooth. Tap the (i) next to the watch and then tap Forget this device.

Greetings,
    Jürgen
  • SeaLoozie483SeaLoozie483 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Jurgen!
    Thanks for the response. Yes, I have done that several times as a matter of fact and have also reset my watch. All to no avail.

Any other ideas?
    Dan
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,568
    Community Manager
    Hi Dan,

Can you try again and make the iPhone forget the watch. Then, double-press the home button and swipe all apps up to exit them. Then press the On/off button and home button until the Apple logo appears. Then try pairing again.

Regards,
    Jürgen
  • SeaLoozie483SeaLoozie483 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Holy Cow, Jurgen, THAT DID IT!! I had no idea how many apps that I had stored and didn't even know the phone did that. Di I correctly presume that one of the previous Tomtom app installations was causing my "freeze"?

In any case, I am in your debt. Thanks so much!!
    Dan